primary purpose of position
To oversee the Pre-Teen ministry (4th-6th
Grade), providing dynamic leadership and ministry execution under the broad philosophy and vision for the BRANCHES Children's Ministry.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Director in the creation and communication of the general BRANCHES Children’s Ministry philosophy
- Provide administrative support to the BRANCHES Children’s Ministry Director as it relates to the Pre-Teen Ministry.
- Prepare and edit curriculum lessons for the Pre-Teen Ministry:
o Organization, shopping for supplies, preparing curriculum bins, etc.
o Create visuals and lessons on ProPresenter for weekend services.
o Develop new ideas and activities to tailor curriculum to BRANCHES.
· Oversee volunteer screening systems and scheduling for the Pre-Teen Ministry:
o Schedule weekend volunteers using Planning Center Online.
o Create nametags for staff and weekend volunteers.
o Conduct background checks for new volunteers.
o Process Families Volunteer Applications and keep track of individual volunteers’ integration into the ministry via Planning Center Online.
- Provide general support as needed with the Children’s Ministry Director atFamily Experiences and events (VBS, Easter, Christmas, etc.).
- Participate in Lead Team meetings and volunteer leadership team development.
- Aid in the execution of Children’s Services at weekend gatherings through setup/teardown responsibilities, as well as through leading the Pre-Teen classroom, helping with parent sign-in
- Host monthly special events to encourage further development and relationships among children, families, and volunteers.
- Cultivate relationship with parents in order to establish a more effective partnership between the church ministry and the family for the purpose of raising up the Pre-Teens as disciples