Position at CRISTA Resources
CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
This is a full time position
Pay is $20-$25/hr DOE
CRISTA Ministries is looking for a Maintenance Technician I or II who will be responsible for routine maintenance, special projects and other assignments of CRISTA Facilities under the direct supervision from assigned Maintenance Supervisors. Applicants
with less than 2 years of experience will be considered for the level I opportunity and may also apply. CRISTA is located on a beautiful 56 acre campus with several buildings dating back to 1913 known previously as the Firlands Turberculosis Sanatorium. Today
CRISTA is a family of ministries loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief & development, senior living, and media. Do you want to use your skills and expertise in a place where your faith integrates with your
work? Consider joining our Facilities team and join us in continuing an amazing legacy of loving God by serving people.
Essential Job Duties: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Perform maintenance tasks such as repairing sheetrock, plumbing systems, electrical fixtures, door hardware, etc.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Operate small and large power equipment.
- Assist other Maintenance Technicians as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: Must have a genuine personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction, general maintenance or similar field.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and use all necessary tools with skill.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance skills such as repairing sheetrock, plumbing systems, electrical fixtures, door hardware, etc.
- Ability to make repairs on equipment or physical plant, and to evaluate the need for repairs or replacement.
- Experience in a specialized trade, such as carpentry, plumbing or electrical.
- Licensure/Certification: Current, valid Washington State driver's license.
- Other Considerations:
- Quality and detail orientated.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Occasional overtime or unusual hours for on-call responsibilities or emergencies.
- Work outdoors in inclement or harsh weather including snow removal, as assigned.
- May be required to supply own hand tools.
- Wear a CRISTA provided uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Small and Large power equipment
- Hand tools
- Safety equipment
- Sewer machine augur
Preferred Qualifications: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Education: Completion of trade school or apprenticeship program.
- Experience in maintaining older buildings.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- CPR/First Aid
- CPO (Certified pool operator)
- Journeymen level card in a trade
- Software and Equipment Used: Specialized trade tools.
- Other Considerations:
- Proficient at more than one specialized trade.
- Letter of recommendation.