Position at CRISTA Resources
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Mid-Level Donor Rep will develop and manage a portfolio of mid-donors whose gifts range from $500 to $4,999 dollars annually through a moves management program to meet an annual goal. This position will qualify a large discovery portfolio
of donor names (approximately 400) with the intent to qualify them face-to-face and get a gift in 6 months. This position is the geographic representative for their area engaging in speaking opportunities and engaging new donors, many coming through radio
acquisition programs. The Mid-Level Donor Representative will screen and start relationships with major donor prospects and transition them to a Regional Major Gifts Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors ($500+) through a ‘moves management’ program to meet an annual fundraising goal.
- Utilize a communication strategy for the complete donor cycle - identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and contact a targeted number of donors in a given week and month, keeping track of all communication and actual live contacts made
through Raiser’s Edge.
- Contact potential donors both in-person, by phone to engage them at their places of business, homes, and throughout the communities where they live through the use of regular appeals, mid-level donor proposals and regular meetings to maximize donor giving.
- Develop a ‘moves management’ process for high-level prospects and work collaboratively with regional Major Gifts Officers to transition major prospects.
- Grow this donor segment proactively by being alert to new marketing materials, field news and giving and funding opportunities that might be appropriate to donor’s individual interests and donation commitments.
- Present World Concern’s projects and programs to groups such as Rotary clubs, fundraising events, etc.
- Participate in and support fundraising events for World Concern.
- Develop specific and detailed knowledge of a designated programming sector of World Concern and share that information with others at CRISTA to coordinate multiple ministry donors.
- Coordinate donor contacts to ensure they remain donor-centered by working closely with Donor Relations and Marketing.
- Update donor records for changes in address, phone, e-mail, etc. in Salesforce.
- Travel to Seattle Headquarters to collaborate with team members on a limited basis.
- Regularly Skype and engage remotely in team activities.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the
values of CRISTA leader.
- Education: Associate degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent or 1 year of successful experience in the fundraising or sales field.
- Other Considerations:
- Excellent people skills, customer service and sales skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Goal and task oriented.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to keep files organized.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Open to coach and training a lifelong learner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and donors.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Proficiency on a computer.
- Ability for prolonged use of a computer (sometimes over 6 hours in a day).
- Ability to participate in video conferencing or training (sometimes watching a screen for over 6 hours in a day).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: As a donor representative.
- Software and Equipment Used: In depth knowledge of Salesforce.