Position at CRISTA Senior Living
This is a Part Time position.
The Weekend Nursing Supervisor will work two, 8 hour shifts, Saturday and Sunday.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Weekend Medication/Treatment Nurse is responsible for the provision of resident care in assigned areas. Administers medications, performs treatments and
supervises Certified Nursing Assistants while on duty. Adheres to State rules and regulations concerning delivery of resident care and assures that nursing services are provided and documented. The Medication/Treatment Nurse consults with and works under
the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job.
1. Coordinate and complete admissions and discharges and audit tasks as designated by DNS. If a floor nurse does not show up as scheduled, be ready to pass medications and perform treatments as needed to fill in for that nurse.
- Assist Charge Nurse with the admission, transfer and discharge process.
- Assist with the development of a plan of care for nursing services as directed by the Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
- Begin care plan within 8 hours to provide quality and safe care.
- Complete care plan within 14 days of admission.
- Assist Charge Nurse with updates, reviews and report changes in resident(s) condition, no less than quarterly, both in resident record and care plan in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
- Assist Charge Nurse with evaluation and updating nursing restorative programs.
3. Direct Care:
- Evaluate nursing care delivery by assisting with resident care audits and making rounds at the beginning and end of shift.
- Implement plan of care by ensuring that goals are measurable and realistic.
- Confer with plan for established priorities for resident care.
- Administer medications and treatments as ordered in a timely manner following rules and regulations and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that delivery of resident care is provided and documented.
- Carry out physician orders:
o Receive and review all administrative data and carry out orders.
o Ensure all orders are written according to facility policies and procedures.
o Ensure that all medications are ordered through the pharmacy in time to implement orders.
o Implement medication and treatment plans.
o Evaluate resident responses to medications and treatments, then document responses and report.
o Ensure that all orders involving other departments are communicated and implemented according to facility policies and procedures.
4. Coordination of Care:
- Accurately assess resident physical and psychosocial status.
- Identify resident illness (via labs and presenting symptoms, etc.) and utilize necessary resources for unfamiliar conditions.
- Report changes in resident’s condition to appropriate personnel (DNS, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and physician) and document. Complete 24 hour report at the end of the shift.
- Assist as required with modifying resident care plan to reflect changes in resident conditions.
- Provide resident and family with explanations of the conditions as necessary.
- Implement physician orders in a timely manner with understanding of purpose of order as it relates to resident condition.
- Assist Charge Nurse with coordinating provision of services with other health care providers (MD., PT, SS, Activities, etc.).
- Communicate plan of care to assigned personnel and to other shift personnel responsible for implementation of the plan.
- Establish priorities for resident care and delegate to PRN.
- Assist Charge Nurse as required to investigate ancillary personnel incidents, accidents and errors; initiate corrective action as necessary and complete incident reports.
- Assist with orientation of new staff.
- Assist with staff performance evaluations.
- Assist with disciplinary action of assigned nursing personnel on assigned area and shift.
- Assist Charge Nurse with supervision of the NAC’s.
- Coordinate and review daily resident care assignments with NAC’s giving instruction and supervision as needed.
- Assist Charge Nurse with staffing needs as required:
o Review staffing at beginning of each shift to ensure that required number of NAC’s are on duty.
o Obtain nursing staff coverage in case of illness or absence in collaboration with Staffing Coordinator and/or Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
6. Management Responsibilities:
- Apply problem solving principles in resident care delivery in collaboration with Nurse Manager.
- Investigate resident incidents and complete incident reports in collaboration with Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
- Recognize legal responsibilities for self and staff and ensure they function within the scope of practice.
- Provide input to change process and support Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, DNS and facility in the change process.
- May cover as Charge Nurse in her/his absence.
- Attend required facility and nursing department meetings and in-services as required.
- Give recommendations for policy and procedures development and revisions.
- May assign certain nursing tasks to an NAC within the NAC’s scope of practice.
7. Development responsibilities:
- Participate in in-service educational programs.
- Attend outside conferences and share information.
- Serve on nursing committees as appropriate.
- Meet continuing education requirements.
- Participate in education of staff, residents and their families.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and continuing education.
8. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and residents.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Nursing Assistants in assigned area and shift.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
1. Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is full surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates
the values of a CRISTA leader.
2. Education: Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to staff and residents.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experienced in the care of geriatric residents as evidenced by completed courses and clinical practice.
- LPN or RN current license to practice in WA State.
- Current CPR card.
5. Other Considerations:
- Subject to call-back during emergent situations.
- Healthcare provider required to comply with the federal law (HIPAA) that addresses privacy and security of protected health information.
- HIPAA training required. This job has access to resident health information.
- Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and residents.
6. Software and Equipment Used: Proficient user of Word, Excel, Outlook, Quick Care.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
1. Experience: Previous LTC experience.
2. Licensure/Certification: Certification in gerontology or other health related certifications.
APPLY HERE: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/cristaministries/job/ouJm7fwq?__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=Christian_Jobs