Sapience Nonprofit Solutions is conducting a retained search on behalf of Valley Pregnancy Center for a Fund Development Officer.
Founded in 1988, Valley Pregnancy Center was established as a way to offer a safe and caring place where women facing an unplanned pregnancy could find confidential information about all of her options. Located in Pleasanton, California, Valley Pregnancy
Center serves the Tri-Valley and surrounding areas. We understand that 50% of all pregnancies are unplanned, and 100% of pregnancies need support. That is what we do. Therefore, we do not get politically engaged in any way. Our focus is on the client and the
client’s needs.Valley Pregnancy Center is a Christian-based organization. We serve and honor all clients regardless of their race, religion, age, gender, political views or other distinctions.
Must possess a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Valley Pregnancy Center statement of faith. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge and a successful track record in non-profit fundraising. Candidate must possess
excellent human relations skills; strong organizational ability; goal oriented and self-motivated. Experience managing staff and/or volunteers a must. Strong oral and written communication skills are important. In addition, candidate must have strong presentation
skills and experience. Working with the Executive Director, the Fund Development Officer will spearhead all aspects of the development plan for the organization. The Fund Development Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising plans
that initiate, develop and maintain long term donor relationships that lead to the fulfillment of specific and well-articulated fundraising objectives. The average annual budget need is $1,000,000.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 to 5 years non-profit experience, with emphasis in individual donor development, as well as events and institutional giving. CFRE or advanced degree a plus.
Commensurate with experience
The Fund Development Officer will be responsible, under the direction of the Executive Director, for planning, overseeing and executing the financial development plan for Valley Pregnancy Center.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships and apply a Moves Management approach with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Establish a strategic and systematic approach for engaging a portfolio of relationships, developing personal giving and inspiring them to become advocates to their network.
- Strategically engage board members, organization staff and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and peer-to-peer events.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors. Ask good questions, seeking to understand their reasons for giving and what they support.
- Maintain donor database, log conversations with donors, and manage donor gift acknowledgments and appropriate levels of donor appreciation.
- Establish and maintain vibrant relationships with local churches, connecting with individual church representatives and making presentations as opportunities become available to communicate the mission of Valley Pregnancy Center and raise/retain support.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, other staff, and Board of Directors to establish a fundraising strategic plan and annual goals.
- Carry a portfolio of special projects as assigned, including—but not limited to—annual fundraising events.
As a ministry, Valley Pregnancy Center strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Valley Pregnancy Center is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing
to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the Biblical mandate to respect life and love one another, as Christ loves us.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Valley Pregnancy Center:
VISION:To be widely known and embraced by our community as the center of hope and healing for women facing critical life choices.
MISSION:To empower women in making confident and healthy life choices.
- Empower women in making a confident choice. A choice that reflects her own values and beliefs.
- Provide pure support. We do not profit in any way from your choice.
- Honor the woman as an individual.
- Provide all information and verification needed in one place to find your decision.
With no pressure of time or cost.
The hiring range for this position is $50,000-$70,000 per year
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, include how you learned of this job posting.
No phone calls please