To serve the church staff by providing appropriate operational support for employment,
benefits, and financial information.
• Manage and process all payroll functions through ADP.
• Update all employee salaries and deductions when applicable
• Input all employee data into BenefitSolver, Realm, and ADP
• Create Payroll Journals and contribution reports and input into appropriate
• Approve all Employee Out of Office Requests, verifying availability of hours, employee
supervisor approval. Also, log employee leave dates in Out of Office Calendar.
• Prepare and process invoices for accounts payable, including amount verification,
accounts numbers and signatures.
• Prepare and process check requests, employee expense reports (including mileage)
verifying amounts, account numbers, and signatures.
• Prepare 1099 tax forms. Includes obtaining all W-9 forms from independent contractors.
• Prepare and process American Express and Visa credit card statements, Smart and Final
credit card statement, and Lifeway account/statement.
• Prepare and maintain all Accounts Payable Files, ensuring files are kept in compliance with
federal, state and local laws.
• Coordinate all employment paperwork, including on-boarding packets, job descriptions,
and 90-day reviews.
• Assist with New Hire Onboarding, including completion of new hire paperwork.
• Input all termination dates in Realm, ADP and Benefit Solver.
• Assist in talent acquisition processes, including candidate correspondence and interview
• Maintain all I-9 Forms
• Prepare Workers Compensation allocations annually.
• Reconcile monthly health benefits invoice
• Prepare and maintain all employee files, ensuring files are kept in compliance with federal
and state laws.
Some of the secondary duties include:
• Complete Employment Verifications
• Protects organizations integrity and value by keeping information confidential.
• Cross train on contribution processes
• Participate in Rooted once per year, and other all-church Group Life series as requested
• Attend and participate in all staff Friends Church events, programs, and training.
• Cooperate with Supervision by performing appropriate related duties when assigned or
SPIRITUAL: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for
ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core
Values and Ministry Values of Yorba Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at
Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and
lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSURE: Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products, ADP payroll software, and on ten key.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail, and
mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have
good follow-up skills. Ability to lead and support with a servant’s heart.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral
information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and mathematical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties
and responsibilities within this job description at any time.