One Mission Society is an international missions organization dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ around the world. With ministry in more than 70 countries, One Mission Society seeks to empower local Christians to follow Christ and make disciples.
We’re passionate about seeing the Great Commission fulfilled, and we’re looking for teammates who excel in their fields and want to use their gifts and abilities for Kingdom impact.
As the Controller, you'll use your accounting experience so that ministry around the world can flourish and lives can be transformed for Christ.
- Direct accounting activities for the organization
- Manage general ledger accounting processes
- Manage opening and closing projects
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries
- Manage the process of allocations/assessments
- Manage reconciliations of investments to general ledger each quarter and post activity to the general ledger
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Close the book monthly/annually
- Prepare financial reports as requested by the CFO
- Prepare audit work papers for the annual audit, work with the external auditors, and oversee the process
- Preparation and oversee annual IRS filings (1099s)
- Four year degree in accounting or related field
- CPA (preferred)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, with nonprofit experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Ability to analyze financial information and data
- Ability to communicate both in writing and orally
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience using and learning accounting and financial systems
NOTE: This position includes a base package that is paid by One Mission Society. Individuals would be encouraged to raise financial support for the remainder of their salary and/or benefits package.