Summary of Ministry Responsibilities:
The Director of Music Ministries is responsible for the oversight, management, and coordination of the musical worship proclamation for the contemporary worship experiences of Garner United Methodist Church. This individual must have the ability and personality
to inspire and lead persons of all ages in a variety of musical settings. Leadership and coordination with other music personnel must be done in a cooperative spirit that enhances the purpose for which the church’s worship ministry exists.
Requirements: education, work experience, certifications, etc.
- First and foremost, the Worship Leader must be a professing Christian who perceives a calling to assist the pastor(s) and the congregation in the worship of God through music.
- Ability to read music.
- Proficiency with an instrument – guitar or keyboards.
- Experience in contemporary church music ministry preferred.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, email).
- Maintain a vibrant spiritual life.
- Plan music for each service.
- Coordinate music plans with Pastor.
- Locate music materials and resources.
- Use Planning Center On-line to share song choices, arrangements, and resources with band members in a timely manner.
- Communicate with band members and Pastor regarding changes in worship plans, band practice schedules, etc.
- Work with the band members to establish band practice schedules
- Conduct practices sessions with the band
- Work with less experienced band members to develop musical skills
- Lead music in the worship services
- Serve as a spiritual leader during worship services and band practices
- Recruit new musicians as needed
- Prepare and administer the annual music ministry budget.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as able.
- Maintain a record of time via provided time sheet.
- Perform any additional duties that pertain to leading worship and music at the journey of Grace Worship services as assigned to him/her by the Pastor.