Dynamic, team player, self starter, self motivated.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about sharing the love and message of
Jesus with children, and providing an environment that allows kids to learn and make
connections. The Children’s Pastor will plan all aspects of the mid-week and weekend services,
including: teaching a lesson plan; organize all weekly, quarterly and yearly events; recruit and
manage volunteers for services, classrooms, events and programs; choosing curriculum, and
organizing worship. This position requires strong personal leadership and organizational skills to
complete the core responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an
accredited college or university, and a minimum of 5 years’ in children’s ministry or related
• Choose curriculum and deliver lesson plans to the Children’s Ministry that are engaging and
• Provide programming for children in kindergarten through the 5th grade.
• Organize and execute annual events, such as: VBS, Summer Camp, Fall Festival, Christmas
program, Easter Egg Hunt, and other family events.
• Organize and execute quarterly events such as the Kids Choir that performs on Holidays.
• Schedule and manage volunteers for the entire Children’s Ministry.
• Oversee the following Children’s Ministry departments: Nursery, Prims, Stars, Friends and
• Attend weekly staff meetings, Children’s Ministry team meetings, and other staff meetings as
• Be a people person
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; Minimum of 5 years’ in children’s ministry or related experience required.
• Be a Biblically based and spirit filled Christian, in agreement with the vision, beliefs, and
mission of The church.
• Be a mature and growing Christian that ascribes to maintaining moral and spiritual integrity in
all areas of life.
• Skilled in attracting, assessing and equipping volunteers and developing them to their fullest
• Capable of effectively working with volunteers from a variety of background and experiences.
• Ability to create fun and engaging community-wide events for children and their families.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for planning a dynamic elementary aged worship experience every week.
• Recruiting and scheduling volunteers in the Kindergarten through the 5th grade ministry.
• Communicate consistently with parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities as well
as providing the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
• Responsible for the promotion of the Children Ministry and its events through multiple
platforms, including social media.
• Ensure the safety, both physically and emotionally, of all children who participate in the
• Responsible for developing the comprehensive standards, curricula, and programming as well
as ensuring its successful implementation and alignment with the overall vision of the church.
• Create a high energy, and age-appropriate weekly environment for all children regardless of
their learning level.
• Excited to implement modern and creative approaches to learning and teaching techniques.
Good Salary, benefits and perk package!