CHILDREN’S MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Children Ministries
STATUS: Salaried - Full-Time.
General Purpose of Position:
Magnolia Bible Church seeks to fill a full-time position responsible for overseeing all aspects of children’s ministries for our 400+ size congregation. Our building is 34,000 Sq/Ft with a large children's area that we are currently updating. Our church
was founded in 2001 and we moved into our present campus in 2012.
The primary purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth, and to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in raising their
children to wholesome spiritual maturity.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Children’s Ministry Director works directly under the immediate supervision of the Lead Pastor. Furthermore, the Children’s Ministry Director is responsible to the Elders.
- Develop the overall children’s ministry of Magnolia Bible Church. Recruiting and training lay leaders, while providing coaching and oversight thought-out
- Participate in worship services when requested.
- Establishing and reaching ministry milestones.
- Regularly attend church events.
- Continue growth and development through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
- Serve at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
- Provide oversight of children’s staff. Assure the program maintains a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth.
- Be acquainted with personal lives of the young people (for example, visit homes, attend school events, and make hospital visits). This also includes being aware of culture.
- Foster open communication with parents/guardians primarily through volunteers, or by other means of communication.
- Further develop the large gathering as well as small groups.
- Maintain effective leadership for each program. Provide support and assistance as required.
- Provide formal (structured) and informal (by example) leadership training for the children’s ministry staff.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used.
- Be an advisor / resource for leaders throughout the church.
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Assure responsibilities for all Children’s Ministry events (for example retreats, and special events).
- Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Publish it to staff and parents in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the children’s programs remain within the budget constraints from the church budget.
- Attend staff meeting and participate in service planning meetings as requested.
- With the input and support of the children’s ministry teams, establish and maintain a philosophy of ministry including outreach and growth goals.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must be a baptized, born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ who willingly joins Magnolia Bible Church.
- Must have knowledge and skill in the philosophy, psychology, and principles of Christian education.
- Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of parents, kids, and teens with knowledge of possible solutions.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple lay workers.
- Must subscribe to the Constitution and doctrinal statement of Magnolia Bible Church.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with children, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must have the ability to establish and reach ministry related goals.
- All staff of Magnolia Bible Church are expected to live a life of Christian distinction and holy character. The interpretation of this life of Christian distinction and holy character is based on the deeply held religious beliefs of MBC which are enumerated
in the church documents (including but not exclusive to the Church Constitution and Doctrinal Statement of MBC) along with the Magnolia Bible Church Elders understanding and application of Scripture.
- All staff are expected to practice regular and consistent Christian disciplines, including regular Bible reading and prayer, faithful church attendance, and consistent tithing.
- Applicant must pass all appropriate background checks.
- There is a 90-probationary period starting from the start date.
- This is a salaried position with total annual compensation of $45-55K annually including 401K match.
- This position offers employee health/dental/vision insurance. Proof of coverage must be provided by anyone declining health insurance coverage.
- Paid holidays per church policy.
- After completion of probationary period, 10 personal days to be used as either paid sick time or vacation days.