Beginning 8 years ago this summer, The Bluff Church was birthed with a passion to love God and love people. Since our inception, we have been a people that have stood on the clear teachings of scripture and a driving desire to share Jesus with our community
in real and tangible ways. The Bluff has endeavored to be involved in serving the people of Poplar Bluff through the school system, community organizations, and serving in any needed capacity. As our name indicates, we are a church that is all about being
the hands and feet of Jesus in our city.
Our church began as a God-planted dream in the hearts of our Co-Pastors as they talked about the need for a church that was a safe place for people who had given up on church. Those people could be people who had never been to church, people who had been
hurt by the church, or people who sat in a church somewhere and longed for more. The vision to be a church for people who had given up on church inspired the original core group of 23 people to begin The Bluff Church in 2010 and it is still the vision that
spurs us on today. Our mission has always been to simply love God and love people.
We are now searching for a new Co-Pastor to join us as we move forward in pursuit of that vision. The main responsibilities of this position are to be the primary communicator for our Sunday worship gatherings and to oversee the youth ministry (grades
5-12). Beyond that, the Co-Pastor will:
* Serve as a part of the Elder team
* Work as a team with the other Co-Pastor to guide the day-to-day operations of the church
* Function as part of the worship planning team
* Assist in the weekly set-up and tear-down of the Sunday worship gathering
* Give direction to some of the strategic service teams
* Connect with church family members, newcomers, and members of the community
* Work with the Elder Team in finding a more permanent home for the church
The ideal candidate for this position will possess these attributes:
* A committed follower of Jesus Christ
* A team player who equips other team members
* A gifted speaker who values teaching above preaching
* Emotionally mature and stable
* A proven leader with the ability to inspire, guide, and empower others
* A self-starter, disciplined, and organized
* A humble spirit who is not above doing the least desirable job in order to serve Christ
The Bluff is a mobile church. We meet in the ballroom of the local Holiday Inn and we have office/meeting place and storage facilities also in the hotel. Part of each Sunday is the setting up and tearing down of our worship environment. We currently
average 200-250 in worship on Sundays. Our church has cultivated a casual, come-as-you-are environment that places a high value on vibrant worship and practical Bible teaching. We believe church should be simple and strategic - our focus is on five areas
of ministry: worship, community groups, youth, children & preschoolers, and missions.
Part of the future vision for The Bluff is to locate a permanent home for our church family. The person filling the role of Co-Pastor will work with the Elder team to help our church realize this vision.
Along with resume, we request that candidates include links to video or audio of themselves teaching in a church setting.