United Church of Marco Island Full-Time Associate Minister
2/3 Pastoral Care
- The associate minister will intentionally develop strong personal relationships of a Christian nature with individuals in the congregation who are in need of compassionate care.
- At times agreed upon by the Senior Minister, the associate minister shall visit church members in the hospital, church members in rehab facilities, church members in assisted living facilities, and elderly church members/ “shut-ins” in their homes.
- When personal visits are impossible due to seasonal distance, the associate minister shall make phone calls and write cards so as to minister to church members from afar.
- The associate minister shall lead the Congregational Care ministry program at United Church. This leadership includes leading monthly meetings, recruitment of caregivers, ongoing training of volunteer caregivers, and the organization of United Church’s
Communion to shut-ins program.
- The associate minister shall record all pastoral care and visits into a Church Windows record-keeping database so as to ensure accountability and facilitate information sharing with the Senior Minister.
- At the direction of the Senior Minister, the associate minister shall provide follow-up care and attention periodically to new members so as to ensure that they are feeling connected to God and to the ministries/service opportunities at United Church.
- The associate minister will be the regular co-participant in Sunday morning worship (alongside the senior minister).
- The associate minister shall write liturgy weekly at the direction of the Senior Minister.
- The associate minister will preach regularly (on occasion in the winter and monthly during the summer) as scheduled by the Senior Minister.
- The associate minister shall officiate weddings, funerals, and baptisms as requested.
$51,000 + Housing Assistance
$5,000 Medical Benefits Allowance
$3,500 Reimbursable Travel Expenses
Those interested in applying for this position should email their resume to Rev. Dr. Mark Williams: email@example.com