Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around
the world through church planting and discipleship multiplication, leadership training and coaching and global missions.
Processes payments of invoices, check requests, and expense reimbursements, maintains accounts payable records, and assists in performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes authorized payments of invoices, check requests, expense reimbursement for Converge, MRP, CNC, and 2XGlobal (limited).
- Records electronic transfers and wires.
- Processes corporate credit card payments, staff credit card applications, and renewals.
- Files all necessary documents for record keeping and retrieval purposes.
- Makes available to auditors documented payables as requested.
- Researches payment(s) as requested and answers account payable-related inquiries and follow-up.
Coordinates Petty Cash and Office Cash Box:
- Manages petty cash.
- Prepares a report with verifying documents to request check to replenish cash in the box.
- Places the office cash box daily to make available for employees and returns it to the safe at the end of each day.
- Deposits cash as needed.
- Sorts with other assigned staff the incoming mail daily.
- Opens and endorses each check received with other assigned staff (for regulatory compliance).
- Deposits USPS and Outsourcer required pre-paid funds.
Converge Tax Exemption
- Processes new requests for 501(c)3 group exemption.
- Keeps district lists up to date.
- Updates list with IRS.
Human Resources Assistance:
- Coordinates sending flowers and cards in appropriate situations on behalf of CWW for employees in the AH office. (Another employee coordinates this for the Orlando office).
- Schedules office meetings including inviting attendees and coordinating responses.
- Plans and carries out other office morale boosting activities.
- Other duties as assigned by HR Director
- Keeps and maintains notary public status.
- Takes documentation for Missionary visas to county clerk’s office for authentication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have complete familiarity with computer functions. This position may be required to use other software as technology changes. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates interest and takes initiative to attend learning and job training