Description of General Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction, oversight and example to 3 – 4 year old students in private / church school setting
- Applicant is expected to possess skills necessary to teach all components of an early childhood learning center
- Ensure all NYS regulations and policies with regard to functioning in a classroom is adhered to
- Develop well defined objectives for students
- Research and order curriculum and coordinate with the school’s Director the ordering of supplies
- Record significant experiences observed in the student’s lives and report progress to parents and be available for their questions
- Lesson planning must include biblical stories as they relate to moral development
- Develop, plan and execute 3 or 4 programs where the students can showcase talent and knowledge to family and friends
- Supervise 3 or 4 Teachers Assistants. Coordinate with Director the scheduling to meet class needs
- Creative and energetic to provide inside and outside activities for young children
- Work with the Director to market the school to the church and surrounding communities
The ideal candidate will have worked in an early childhood educational setting and earned a related degree, experience with lesson planning and should be comfortable in the use of computers. Candidates must also exhibit a strong relationship with the Lord.
Anyone considering this position should view this as a call to ministry to preschool age children and their families.