Audio Scripture Ministries (ASM) helps connect people to God's Word in their own heart language. We do this by recording and distributing Bible and Bible Engagement resources in audio.
The Audio Scripture Ministries Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director. The Finance Manager will develop, maintain and review financial reports, assist in developing an annual budget, monitor accounts, prepare activity reports and financial forecasts
in accordance with non-profit best practices. The Finance Manager is also responsible for annual auditing and tax reporting.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Letter of interest, explaining your experience and why you'd like to work for ASM
- CV / Resume
- Personal Statement of Faith
- 3 work and 3 personal references
PLEASE NOTE: Because attention to detail is a very important part of this position, email applications that do not include all of the requested information will not be considered.
Applications must be received by 15 July 2018.
- Develop and implement a robust financial management/ reporting system that integrates with other management / reporting / communications systems, including updating and implementing necessary business policies and accounting practices in accordance with
non-profit best practices.
- Analyze and clearly present weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in an accurate and timely manner to Executive Director (ED), Treasurer, Finance Committee and Board.
- Provide reporting on all donor segments; oversee all financial aspects of projects and programs and donor and foundation grants.
- Send international wire transfers; process and receipt all donations; process staff reimbursements; manage all payables and receivables.
- Manage ministry cash flow and forecasting.
- Lead annual audit process including gathering information and liaising with external auditors, ED, Treasurer and Finance Committee; assess and implement recommended changes.
- Provide financial information and recommendations to strategic plans.
- Manage investment activities and strategies.
- Ensure ASM compliance with applicable financial and accounting laws and procedures, and prepare reports as required by law and / or ministry policies.
- In collaboration with ED, develop and maintain annual budgeting process.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; keep senior leadership team apprised of ministry’s financial status.
- Determine financial risk involved regarding current and future ministry strategic plans.
- Serve as functional backup for Operations Manager.
The above duties, activities, or responsibilities may be supplemented periodically.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial department of a non-profit organization, including overseeing at least two non-profit financial audits, international wire transfers, and 990 reporting.
- Expertise using computer hardware and software, including but not limited to financial accounting, customer relationship management, Google GSuite, Microsoft, video conferencing, etc.
- Professional designation such as CPA or similar is a plus.
Specific Employment Requirements
- Growing and active personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and involvement in a local church.
- Growing knowledge of global mission.
- Personal qualities of humility and integrity.
- Keeps current on laws and trends impacting non-profit accounting and financial requirements.
- Personal professional accounting and financial management skills are kept up to date.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, delegate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive, results-oriented attitude and approach.
- Able to clearly communicate financial concepts for effective collaboration on the application of those concepts.
- Focused attitude toward meeting goals and deadlines, and ability to be innovative and visionary in achieving goals and deadlines.
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a collaborative team setting.
- Successful track record in organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Small, dispersed team environment.
- Environment can sometimes be stressful when meeting deadlines.
- Ability to serve, work and communicate with others in crisis resolution or high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable working in multicultural, cross-generational environment.
- Extensive, clear communication is required with ED, staff team, missionaries, Treasurer, Board of Directors, vendors, and others.
Stewardship of Resources
- Uses time effectively for assigned tasks.
- Evaluates financial processes and workflows; recommending and implementing changes for cost / time savings and continual improvement.
- Occasional weekend or night work may be required.