We are a small Evangelical Mennonite Church that is looking to take the next steps of growing in and reaching our surround communities. We are looking for a strong Christian candidate who has a proven track record of success in community outreach programs
and ideas that will help grow the church. Mennonite can be a scary word. We are a Bible-believing, preaching, and teaching church. This is a PART-TIME position! The hope is that the right candidate will work themselves into a full-time position in the future!
This is an exciting position as the candidate will have the opportunity to build a position from the ground up!
Springfield Mennonite Church has a rich history in the community. The church has existed since at least 1753! We are small, but have a great, loving family of fellow believers. We are situated close to Quakertown and Allentown PA.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITON:
- A heart for God and for His people.
- A call from God to the pastoral ministry.
- Growing knowledge of God’s Word.
- Strong prayer life.
- Commitment to family.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Teachable spirit.
- Agreement with the church’s Statement of Faith and Covenant.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field Preferred
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
- Track record of Success in Community Outreach and Church Growth
- Build an Outreach Program and Recruite from within the church to help start and maintain Outreach
- Strong Gifting or Calling to Evangelism with plans and ideas on how to reach the community and the lost.
- Share with and divide the full range of pastoral responsibilities with the Senior Pastor as compatible with personal gifts.
- Visionary/Self-Starter/Commitment to Spiritual and Physical Growth of the Body
- Work with Senior Pastor planning existing outreach ministries.
- Work with the laymen and laywomen to encourage them in their ministry.
- Regularly confer with the Senior Pastor.
If interested in applying please send the following items to
2. Cover Letter and please include the following in your letter-
a. Brief Testimony
b. Why you’re interested in the position
c. List a few read authors you like to read and pastors to listen
d. Relevant ministry, internship, or volunteer experience