This person leads and oversees the Junior and Senior High students, and all Ministry Partners associated with our Rooted Student Ministries, inspiring students to know and experience Jesus personally and to grow in their knowledge of Christ in
Christian community. The Student Pastor contributes to the church vision and the entire staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he leads out with our staff and the church family.
- Leadership of the youth ministry and vision setting, in conjunction with the overall vision of ROG and our Student Ministry Partners
- Preach behind our Senior Pastor as needed
- Management of weekly gatherings of students from 7th through 12th grade in our Rooted Student Ministry
- Organization of periodic mission and fellowship events and special activities, including summer and winter camps and a yearly missions trip
- Communicating and empowering others to communicate the gospel to the youth through weekly gatherings, events and personal relationship
- Administration of the program, equipment, safety, and website
- Serve in one or more other areas of ministry that will be decided as the church moves to implement the vision to reach Oakdale, CA
- A four-year college degree is highly desirable; formal Biblical education is also a plus
- If married, a supportive and involved family
- Relates well to others and has a passion for youth
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in youth ministry
- Personal character that represents and demonstrates Christ-like traits
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and someone who agrees with and upholds Biblical principles and ROG’s beliefs
- Commensurate with education and experience
Founded in 1984, ROG is a non-denominational church located in the Central Valley in Oakdale, CA. It is home to roughly 300 families and has an average weekly attendance of 500. Currently our Rooted Student Ministry is running around 25 and needs
a passionate individual to create an environment where students are welcomed regardless of background or racial ethnicity. We set in the midst of a highly diverse social and economic community, ROG is very much a family-oriented church. Our Senior Pastor,
Korey Buchanek, has been with us for three years and his leadership is producing growth in all areas of our church body. We will start on our new children's building this Fall as our children's ministry continues to thrive.
Our Student Ministry serves 7th – 12th graders who are primarily from families attending ROG and is supported by a group of adult ministry partners. Sunday evening gatherings are the foundation of Rooted Student Ministries and include worship,
games, and teaching. These are supplemented by periodic social events and retreats meant to foster community and provide opportunity to welcome friends from outside the church. For the past three summers, teams of students have gone to the LA Dream Center
or San Francisco Rescue Mission for a one-week mission trip, which has been a meaningful time of spiritual growth and relationship building for the participants.
ROG is a Bible-believing church seeking to live out faith anchored in Christ in our modern-day lives. The church is a very loving and willing group of people who genuinely want to follow Jesus. Our current mission statement is “Empowering people
to take the next step toward the heart of God” Our process and culture are tied very closely to helping people that their next step in faith and ministry. Our student ministry is no different in form and function to the vision of ROG.
How to Apply
Please visit www.ROG.church to better understand who we are before applying for this postion. We will not take any phone calls during office hours regarding this opening.
Submit the following:
- Your resume and cover letter to Pastor Korey at
- A link to any audio or video teaching clips
- At least 3 references: a past employer, friend and professional colleague
- Results of any skill/strength/personality identifiers you have taken such as spiritual gifts tests, StrengthsFinder, DISC, etc. or be willing to take one before hire.
No resume will be considered without a cover letter. Thank you for your interest!