The Spiritual Formation Coordinator will assist the Pastor of Adult Ministries to develop, implement, and oversee a spiritual formation strategy which aligns with the needs of the church community, Grow Ministry’s strategic plan, and encompasses
the overall spiritual health, growth, and development of individuals and groups in order to fulfill the vision and mission of Christ Church of Oak Brook.
- Partner with the leadership of the church in advancing the Growth Health Strategic plan which includes the strategic vision and goals for enhancing Faith Development and Spiritual Formation.
- Encourage and share personal growth planning resources to deepen discipleship STEPs (Sight for the Pathway, Training for the Soul, Equipment for Life, and Partners for the Journey, Spiritual Formation Plan.)
- Deliver a variety of spiritual formation retreats, formation classes, and experiences for various ministries and the wider congregation.
- Partner with Group Life Ministry to deepen Soul Care and Training Practices into the small group coaches and leaders.
- Influence and help shape a sustained learning culture that challenges people to grow in their faith through biblical teaching.
- Equip people to know and live into the foundational Christian beliefs and practices of the Christian life.
- Act as the primary liaison to the Student and Children’s ministries to develop age, stage, and felt-need equipping classes and/or experiences.
- Recruit, mentor, develop, equip, appreciate and empower staff, leaders, and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain resources that support an intentional plan to grow disciples of Christ.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, biblical studies, organizational development, or related field and five to seven years’ experience in senior church leadership including leading retreats, leadership development, preaching and/or teaching, designing curriculum,
and developing teams.
- Master’s degree in Ministry or Master’s in Divinity is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Passion for God’s word and His people.
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring, and project managementskills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to coordinate and implement strategies.
- Integrity in work habits and accomplishing goals.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Excellent teaching, presentation, communications and listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet project deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Team builder who builds relationships and manages and leads by influence and example.