Director of Integrated Fundraising, Donor Engagement & Sustainer Giving
- A Ray of Hope to the Most Vulnerable Jews Around the World
- A Resource for Building Bridges of Understanding between Christians and Jews
- A Commitment to Serving Others as well as Each Other
That’s The Fellowship…and you can be part of our remarkable mission and team!
We help over a million Jews in need each year and as Director of Donor Engagement & Sustainer Giving with our Integrated Fundraising group, your keen ability to develop and manage an effective, holistic approach to donor engagement will impact our
ability to help even more.
The experience that our donors have with us is critical to the ongoing support of The Fellowship’s mission. As such, we are seeking an individual who can develop a clear understanding of drivers of donor engagement through cross-channel analysis. As you
develop and implement an effective strategy, you will provide hands-on leadership to a team focused on increasing donor retention and the donor’s lifetime value.
Some key areas of focus for this role include:
- To develop and direct strategies to effectively acquire and retain donors through DRTV, Telemarketing, and Radio.
- To develop and direct donor journey strategies across direct response channels that ensure a positive experience that will guide them toward initial support of The Fellowship, maintaining them through the critical first three months, and sustainer gifts
that will increase their lifetime value.
- To collaborate with the VP of Integrated Fundraising, the integrated fundraising team as well as the editorial group and vendor partners to establish communications that will continually engage the donor.
Fundraising and Operations:
- To maintain oversight and accountability for donor acquisition and fundraising goals as well as related budgets.
- To develop systems for ongoing monitoring of the effectiveness of campaigns and personalized donor journeys across our fundraising channels.
- To provide hands-on leadership, development, and ongoing coaching of donor acquisition and donor engagement staff.
Analytics and Reporting:
- To gain an understanding of drivers to donor engagement and analyze trends such as retention, attrition, cancelation, annual giving, and other key performance indicators.
- To work in collaboration with the analytics team to establish accurate benchmarks.
- To define testing and adjust strategy according to results of analysis, organizational/departmental fundraising-related KPIs, and benchmarking.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll possess these qualities and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Nonprofit Management or related area or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with proven, measurable success in marketing and fundraising, including the integration of direct mail, television/radio and telemarketing with online marketing.
- Demonstrated excellence managing and developing staff in achieving fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated success in strategy development, implementation, and management related to donor engagement and communication paths as well as fundraising efforts.
- Successful experience managing department budgets.
- Ability to quickly understand donor motivations and develop a working, comprehensible strategy.
- Very strong knowledge of the Evangelical Christian market along with an understanding of Jewish tenets desired as well.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Donor Database Software.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and performance management skills.
We offer a friendly, rewarding place to work, great benefits, and an office located in downtown Chicago near public transportation. If your interest has been piqued and your heart touched please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements so
that your journey in helping others through The Fellowship’s mission can begin.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.