Marketing Campaign Manager
Work with EVP/Publisher and Director to plan group marketing efforts with an emphasis in implementing the team’s strategy to ensure that objectives and goals are met. Create and present innovative marketing plans for high-level and competitive acquisitions.
Direct the marketing team in executing plans for promotional activities, which include, but are not limited to, advertising, promotions, in-bound strategies, social media, etc. Communicate all marketing plans internally to appropriate personnel as well as
externally to authors/agents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the EVP/Publisher, Director, and marketing team in setting strategy and implementing marketing plans that nurture consumer relationships and ultimately compel consumers to purchase Harvest House Products.
- Work with EVP/Publisher, Director, and/or Acquisitions Editors on high-level acquisitions by creating innovative and compelling marketing plans, with the ability to present such strategies with passion and vision to authors and agents.
- Organize marketing overview meetings on key products to achieve goals set by Publisher/Director for the marketing team, identify consumer groups, develop campaign hooks, etc.
- Serve as a dynamic consumer advocate and help create marketing strategies with the marketing mission to identify, understand, engage, and motivate consumers.
- Build measurable goals into the marketing planning process and evaluate successes in a timely manner.
- Work with sales managers on retailer promotions to ensure solid brick-and-mortar sales exposure.
- Coordinate with sales department on tradeshows, ensuring Harvest House brand is maintained in our booth presence.
- Identify and manage backlist product promotions for optimum sales for the life of the product.
- Assist authors who could use help with their online platforms. Work with Marketing Specialist in building their platform through social media mentoring, website ideas and tips, evaluating the effectiveness of their blog and email/subscriber lists, etc.
- Work with marketing team to maintain brand microsites and/or social media sites ensuring goals for visitors and subscribers are maintained.
- Work within the marketing expense budget effectively, tracking dollars spent.
- Coordinate with Publicity Manager on media strategies for major releases.
- Work with Publisher and Director to set and maintain marketing goals each season. Keep Publisher and Director informed of all marketing activities within the brands.
- Complete HH Marketing and Potential for Sales (MAPS) document as requested by Publisher, Director or Acquisitions Editors for all proposed new titles.
- Responsible for communication of marketing efforts within the marketing team and group.
- Ensure communication of marketing strategy and plan clearly in writing to author and agent.
- Coordinate with sales department on promotional activities. Inform sales managers of marketing efforts on all titles.
- Monitor marketing trends and competitive products in the marketplace.
- Track consumer and market insights by reviewing metrics including sales volume, market share, sales projections, pricing, and retail placements.
- Initiate market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Research new marketing concepts to create increasingly dynamic marketing strategies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience in marketing, including research, promotion, merchandising and packaging.
- Ability to evaluate market trends and consumer bases and identify product opportunities.
- Flexibility in adapting well to rapidly changing environments and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Excellent organization, verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate innovation and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to establish, cultivate, and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work in a stimulating environment that includes: teamwork and interaction with Harvest House employees in various departments, authors, agents, publishing partners, and sales accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field required
- Minimum five years progressive marketing experience required
- Three years’ experience in publishing industry, preferred
- Experience with marketing copywriting and graphic design, preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Harvest House and its core values
- Passionate desire to market Christian products
Required to work on-site in Eugene, OR
No relocation assistance.