Pre-K – 2ndGrade Minister
MISSION AND VISION
The mission of Northside Christian Church is to connect unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, to Community and helping them live their Calling as a follower of Jesus.
Northside Christian Church is an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship 10 minutes from downtown Louisville in New Albany, Indiana with an average weekend attendance of over 5,500 people.
This role will be responsible for leading our Kids Club (Pre-k & Kindergarten) and ClubHouse (1st& 2ndgrade) environments and will report to the Children’s Ministry Pastor. The Pre-K – 2ndGrade Minister will need to excel
in volunteer development, creation of systems and processes that allow for future growth, and team building (unity). The ideal candidate will partner with the other leaders in the department to ensure children have a safe, age-appropriate environment where
they can connect to Jesus and other kids.
- Oversee and lead weekend programming for Kids Club and ClubHouse.
- Create fun, relevant, kid friendly environments.
- Develop, write/rewrite and implement elementary curriculum including but not limited to, design creation, etc.
- Establish lasting relationships with children and their families.
- Train large and small group leaders.
- Assist in the management of Kidside budget.
- Create, promote and lead special events.
- Assist with Pastor on Call duties, hospital visits, etc as required.
- Recruit, train, and empower a base of volunteers for each age group.
- Come alongside parents and equip them to disciple their children on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain peer relationships.
- Attend and participate in staff and team meetings.
- Participate in weekend services: baptisms, and announcements, as needed.
- Disciple and develop teams.
- Work with and be a direct report to the Children’s Ministry Pastor to support overall vision/mission of the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Success in this role will be determined by:
- An ability to maintain and develop the health of the KidsClub and ClubHouse volunteers; provide vision, focus and planning.
- A skill for attracting, training and connecting leaders and building a sustainable, long term system for volunteers.
- Growth in parent involvement in the Children's Ministry.
- Must have the gift of teaching and a desire to train in the art of teaching children.
- Highly relational and engaging.
- Must understand how to lead a team to achieve mission, able to manage and resolve conflict in a Biblical way.
- As a relator to kids, must be energetic and able to have fun.
- A willingness to think outside the mold of conventional church.
- Passionate about family and believes parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children.
- Values the team over themselves. Servant-hearted. Strong administrative, organizational, relational and verbal skills.
- Self-starter. Takes initiative. Can do attitude.
- Problem solver.
- Hungry to multiply and train.
- Eye for excellence.
Education, Experience, Involvement
- The ideal candidate will have a ministry degree and at least 5 years of Children’s Ministry experience in a mega-church.
- A degree in early childhood or elementary education or children’s ministry would be helpful but is not required.
- Three years or more of ministry or related experience preferred.
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily life. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
“He is before all things, and in Him ALL THINGS hold together.” Col. 1:17
a. Identity – Phyiscal, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, Relational.
c. Financial Generosity
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:42
a. Weekend Gathering
b. Life Groups
“All of this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:18
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully
administering God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
a. Embrace God’s Ministry for me
b. Serve Others with my Gifting
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references) along with salary requirements. Email your complete package to: email@example.com