The Next Generation – Kids Ministry Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ministry, birth through 5th grade at Pendleton Christian Church. PCC currently offers full children’s programming for two services on Sunday morning, as well as midweek
offerings and strategic large events.
VISION: At Pendleton Christian, we consider our Children and Youth Ministries to be one of the things God has shaped us to do well. This position plays a crucial role on that Next Generation Team, and the
church as a whole; as together, we make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Personal Conduct Covenants:
- We will extend grace, choosing to believe others are motivated by good intentions. (Eph 4:1-3)
- We will hold our tongues, and pray. (Prov 17:28)
- We will speak the truth in love in all interactions and directly to the parties involved in disagreements. We will practice forgiveness and seek reconciliation. (Eph 4:15-16)
- We will live as children of Light and will not let any unwholesome talk come out of our mouths (or email), but only what is helpful for building others up and to benefit those who listen. We are sensitive to the presence of the Holy Spirit among us and
strive not to grieve him. (Eph 4:29-32)
- We will strive to provide and promote a positive, energetic environment, where we work side by side towards a common goal and enjoy our work. (Ps 100:2, Phil 2:14)
- Forgetting what is behind, we will not predict results based on past experiences. (Phil 3:13)
- We will know and appreciate the strengths of each team member, while making weaknesses irrelevant. (Eph 4)
- We will be good stewards of time, resource and talent, doing everything we do as though we are doing it for God…. (Eph 6:7)
- We will intentionally encourage, pray for, value and bless one another. (John 13:34, Col 1:9-12)
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision, and values of Pendleton Christian Church
- Take initiative, being reliable and self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate/connect well, both motivating and organizing adult servants.
- Ability to make parents feel comfortable in leaving their children at PCC ministries.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A BA in child related field is preferred.
- Competency with basic computer software is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Children’s Ministry is expected.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Cast vision for the Kids Ministry of PCC, working in conjunction with Student Ministry Pastor toward continuity and flow from children to youth.
- Ultimately responsible for all Kids and Pre-teen programming. Both on Sunday morning and midweek.
- Recruit servants, providing leadership, direction, training and serving schedules for all Kids and Pre-teen volunteer servants.
- Implement and develop programming for the spiritual formation of children and their families. Equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. For example, Kidz Splash and Kindergarten Kick-up.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for both large group and small group teaching environments.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean aesthetic learning environments for Kids and Pre-teen Ministries.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Responsible for developing and hosting key Kid and Pre-teen Large Events. For example, Vacation Bible School