This is a full time position with benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Fee Based Ministry Accounting: Assist in providing support, advice and guidance for accounting related needs to assigned Fee Based Ministries including research, financial preparation, and analysis. Prepare or review necessary journal entries and general
ledger account reconciliations as assigned. Review assigned sections of the monthly financial statements for accuracy, clarity, trends and communicate findings as appropriate and provide input for board notes. Provide financial research and analysis as needed.
Utilize Business World On! accounting software to generate and modify reports. Use ministry software as needed to prepare journal entries or reconcile accounts.
- Accounting Department Support: Assist with completion of support for the annual audit and preparation of tax returns as assigned. Provide backup duties for other Accounting personnel as needed. Provide analysis, reporting of financial and non-financial
data, and research for assigned Fee Based Ministries as directed. Manage the Fee Based inventory count. Look for ways to continually improve CRISTA’s financial systems and processes and make suggestions for improvement to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Schools Ministry Support: Coordinate with Kings School Business Office and third-party vendors to ensure families are billed accurately and in a timely manner. Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers particularly with
respect to their school billing or financial related questions. Cultivate healthy working relationships with school’s ministry staff, students, parents and Smart Tuition account manager. Manage the necessary daily accounting functions of the Schools accounts
receivable system. Coordinate the annual enrollment process including billing set-up and account activation.
- Supervision: Supervise the Accountant II and their related work through the development and management of appropriate short term and long-term objectives, strategies, standards, processes, and performance evaluations. Review journal entries, reconciliations,
and other work prepared by direct report.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise Accountant II by setting realistic goals and achieving results.
- Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day to day financial operations and training as needed to new and existing staff.
- Demonstrate leadership by encouraging cooperation and mutually beneficial relationships between Accounting and all the CRISTA employees.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development.
Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Experience: Five years of experience including computerized accounts receivable systems, complex account reconciliations, computerized general ledger systems, and customer service or three years public Accounting experience with mid-sized
or national firm. Two years’ experience teaching or training others.
Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit
Other Considerations: Problem solving capabilities and able to become proficient in a variety of software applications quickly. Work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types as well as demonstrate
a willingness to learn and grow.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience: Seven years with computerized accounts receivable systems, complex account reconciliations, computerized general ledger systems, and customer service. Three years teaching or training others. Accounting
experience with private schools, camps, radio stations, Senior Living facilities or Not-For-Profit organizations is also preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Software and Equipment Used: In addition to items listed above, working experience with Business World On! (Unit 4), Smart Tuition School software, Venue 360 and/or SalesForce software.
To be considered for this position please submit an application via our website: