Looking for an opportunity to impact the future?Then King’s Schools is for you! King’s Schools is the independent preschool through high school Christian school of choice in the Seattle area. Our faculty are passionate about education.
They invest in their students through award-winning teaching, mentoring and collaboration. In a close knit community of engaged students, supportive and active parents, caring and innovative faculty, students are challenged to grow intellectually and given
opportunities to build character, preparing them for college and more importantly for life.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Junior High Teacher is responsible for all organization, teaching, and supervision within the area of their assigned responsibility. The Teacher will endeavor
to keep the principal informed as necessary of activities, the progress of students, and the condition of the classroom. This position will participate as an active member of the school staff and pertinent parent organizations and adhere fully to the stated
purposes, standards, policies and procedures of CRISTA Ministries and of King's Schools. The Teacher will carry out teaching responsibility as follows.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Complete established goals of school, classroom and assignments on time and in an acceptable manner.
- Teach prescribed curriculum and effectively use texts and resource materials provided.
- Plan work on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis, and work according to plan. Submit weekly assignment sheets and yearly course plans as determined by the principal.
- Relate all teaching to God's truth and the ultimate goals of Christ-likeness and sharing Christ worldwide. Encourage salvation and the growth of each student "in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." Keep the goal of Christ-likeness (through
response of faith, love, and obedience to Christ) and the relationship of this goal to personal and social well being before the students.
- Guide, evaluate, and encourage students to improve their study methods and work habits.
- Experiment with new content, methods, and materials and file the best of these for future use.
- Participate in and support the testing program as conducted by the school counselor.
- Use and promptly return audio visuals and other teaching aids.
- Consider and adopt special programs, (chapels, field trips, guest speakers, and social events), using student initiative as much as possible.
- Maintain bulletin boards and displays that stimulate academic, spiritual and social growth.
- Counsel and advise students on academic, personal, spiritual and vocational concerns.
- Update and maintain the online school gradebook and homework website on a consistent basis.
- Confer immediately with students, parents and the principal concerning the progress and/or problems of each student and provide written reports.
- Maintain a neat, attractive and well ventilated classroom and adjust lighting as needed.
- Turn in reports to the office and cumulative files of incidents and observations, counseling sessions, etc., as they occur.
- Accurately keep attendance and academic records and submit these to the office at the scheduled times.
- Collect money, dues, etc. in connection with school or classroom activities in accordance with King’s Schools’ cash receipts policy and procedure.
- Supervise regular activities, break and lunch, Chapels and assemblies, and other activities where a cooperative teacher effort is involved. Fulfill duties assigned as lunchroom supervisor.
- Advise and participate in extracurricular activities, committees, and programs as assigned.
- Orient and assist beginning teachers as needed.
- Inform the appropriate school official immediately if unable to fulfill any duty assigned and prepare adequate information and materials for the substitute teacher.
- Fulfill contractual agreement, which includes orientation week and school opening and closing duties.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Student intern teachers. Adhere to school policy by cooperating with area colleges in providing opportunities for observation and demonstration.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Christian Commitment: A personal Christian faith and close walk with the Lord and agreement with CRISTA Ministries’ doctrinal statement. Trust the Lord daily for direction, grace, and strength for each task and exhibit Christ-likeness in
all situations. Seek to improve God-given gifts. Maintain a commitment to a local church.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Licensure/Certification: Maintain professional certification and endorsements as required by King’s Schools and the State of Washington.
Software and Equipment Used: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Grading software and Homework webpage.
- Dress appropriately for area of service and keep in mind responsibility as an adult role model and representing CRISTA Ministries to various constituencies.
- Maintain professional standards
- Remain alert to academic developments and be a continuing student of the educative process.
- Attend regularly scheduled devotions, meetings, and assigned conferences with parents or professionals.
- Arrive at school ½ hour prior to start and stay ½ hour after completion of school daily unless excused by prearrangement or official school business requires early arrival or late departure.
- Maintain an active interest in the church (local and worldwide) and community affairs and represent the school effectively in these areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their families.
To view this job descriptions please submit an application via our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ouID7fwG&s=Christian_Jobs