As a Fundraiser, you will use your superior communication and relationship building skills to connect passionate donors to our many mission programs around the world. A Fundraising Coordinator (FC) is a dynamic
and creative professional fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships. You will learn what goes into managing a business that obtains thousands of new donors and raises millions
of dollars for our charities on an annual basis. You will report to the President of Missionary Society and work closely with all levels of the organization. That’s just the beginning of what you can expect in the exciting position.
POSITION IS VIRTUAL AND CAN BE IN ANY STATE
In this role, you will:
- Acquire donors by approaching new prospects through street canvassing (cold calling) and educating them on the benefits of supporting varying projects
- Handle fiscal accountability for significant income requirements. Provide timely and accurate projections to the President and Executive Director.
- Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist in recruiting, identifying, and training temporary coordinators and volunteers.
- Engage in continued learning opportunities provided by internal required training and outside resources (non-profit blogs, TED talks, and fundraising experts).
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- Achieve fundraising goals as established each year
- Find, develop and prepare grant proposals from start to finish, communicating with the organizations through the end when funds are collected.
Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently
and harmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative
tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands and unexpected events. Willingness to change approach to best fit the situation.
Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references. Active in local church.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- 1-3 years successful experience in fundraising, outside sales or marketing
- A passion for helping mission type work succeed
- Highly effective organizational, communication, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to meet and exceed performance goals
- Self-starter and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Personal Computer Literate
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle to attend local events
- Bondable and be able to pass background check prior to hire
- Base pay
- Generous bonuses
- Training and development opportunities
- Travel opportunities on limited basis in the beginning
- Virtual, Casual and fun work environment
- Team and networking events
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)