ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN TRUCKERS (ACT) has the vision to reach the Truckers of America with the love of God, sharing the Good News of the Gospel, and being there for them in their time of need. There are over 1.8 million truckers on the
road in the United States. The US Department of Labor projects jobs will increase by 6% by 2026. With so many truck drivers on the road, this is an untapped mission field. ACT is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to ministering to the needs of truckers
that drive the highways of the US. Our strategic location located in Illinois at I-70 and US 40 is a 33-acre mission-base headquarters to provide prayer, encouragement and needed services to over-the-road truckers. Truckers are our priority, but we want to
be a blessing to everyone with the desire that they leave better than when they came in. Additionally, we are developing an association membership of Christian truckers who join us in the commitment to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ across the highways
of the trucking industry. We're developing "A Winning Team of Trucking Professionals." Our goals include networking with other ministries, in and out of trucking, all with the goal of reaching the lost for Jesus Christ. The focus of our vision
is ministry and love to the Truck Driver. Our success is measured against this goal.
ACT is seeking a Pastor and Executive Director to work in conjunction with our Chaplains and Board of Directors to design and implement a Comprehensive Development Program for our trucking ministry. The strategy will focus on growing the
culture of generosity among businesses and corporations through trustful and intentional relationship building. This will include, but is not limited to, developing sustainable annual streams of income, capital campaign planning and implementation and long
term financial stability through a planned giving program.
Key initiatives include:
- Leadership and vision to taking the ministry to the next level
- Generating a Nationwide Presence for ministry
- Managing and stewarding Road Angel Truck Stop in Brownstown, Illinois
- Lunching Mobile Chapels traveling across the highways of America, to be used for church services, prayer, spreading the gospel, and promoting the ministry.
- Partner with churches & corporate sponsors for financial resources
- Partner with new and existing trucking ministries
- Christian truckers and businessmen and women meeting in cities across the country to create a social media program to help drivers in need
- Develop a Disaster Relief Program for early response to National Crisis
- Pastoral experience in regards to counseling, leading teams, and launching ministries.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and 3-5 years development experience; Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
- Demonstrated professional accomplishment in the fundraising arena preferably in a non-profit organization
- High level of ambition, positive attitude and drive; proactive and capable of taking initiative; a self-starter
- Well-developed strategic thinking skills
- Process and detail oriented, organized with strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent writing and communications abilities; writing and development samples to be presented at interview
- Capable of working professionally with a diverse group of staff, leadership, volunteers and the Board of Directors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
If you are looking for the chance to make a real difference in a positive work environment where a focus on dynamic vision casting and Christian stewardship are valued, we want to talk to you! Position comes with a salary commensurate with experience and
credentials, and on-campus housing provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pastoral Experience: 5 years
- Non-Profit Fund Raising: 3 years
- Development: 3 years
- Bachelor's preferred
- Trucking experience preferred
Preferred licenses or certifications:
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Valid Driver's License
Please submit your resume to: Pastor David Cederquist by email to email@example.com