We are looking for a highly motivated database developer who will work on our FileMaker 14-16 databases. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is teachable, can learn new tasks quickly, and has a background in database development. Although we are
a 32-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of a capable database developer to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and
money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main focus of the Junior Database Developer is to provide assistance regarding all aspects of database development. The Developer works in conjunction with our team to develop our proprietary applications to enable our staff to work more efficiently
and to engage with our clients more effectively.
- Work with team members and leadership to pursue database development priorities
- Design, test, and implement new and/or improved database functionality
- Connect our database to external APIs
- Develop Web Direct and/or Custom Web Publishing interfaces for FileMaker
- Develop our client-facing website which interacts with our database
- Provide input on database development planning
- At least one year in a role that included database development
- Understanding of relational databases
- Proficiency in FileMaker 14-16 strongly desired
- Experience with web development (especially Angular and Bootstrap) is a bonus
- Proficiency on a Mac Computer
- High attention to detail
- High multitasking skills
- Good organization and time management
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks well
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- A heart to serve others
- Desire to learn and grow with our company
- Ability to work within our team.
- Willingness to take initiative
- This job is not for a certified FileMaker developer. We are looking for someone who can grow with us. Some experience in database development is strongly preferred.
- Partial health/dental insurance for full-time employees.
- 401K matching program at the end of the first year.
- A company laptop is given to all employees.
- Travel discounts and perks
- Generous time off policy.
- Great working environment.
- Very balanced and family centered office.
**If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.