Executive Director/President (Orange County, CA)
Obria Medical Clinics of Southern California
The Board of Directors for Obria Medical Clinics of Southern California (OMC) is searching for a new Executive Director/President to lead this non-profit organization, with an annual operating budget of $1.7 million primarily funded through private donations.
Led by God, OMC provides caring, high quality and comprehensive reproductive health services consistent with respect for the inherent value of every person. The President will oversee clinics located in Long Beach, Orange and Mission Viejo, a mobile unit and
the Obria Direct Telemedicine platform currently used for patient scheduling.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President of Obria Medical Clinics of Southern California works closely with staff to achieve the mission and goals of the organization, and to grow the organization for expanded support of those served. The President
serves as the voice of the organization and engages in ongoing efforts to educate the local community and its leadership on its mission, and develops donors and supporters at all levels. He/she will spearhead efforts to achieve fund-raising goals and complete
public relations commitments, while developing an effective and committed team for overall sustainability and success.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position.
- Upholds the by-laws, mission statement, and policies and procedures of the corporation.
- Creates and achieves the vision and goals in conjunction with the Board of OMC.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with all contacts -- internal and external. Works well with diverse people.
- Organizes workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Uses skill and judgment to ensure written or verbal outputs are clear, accurate, grammatical and of appropriate tone.
- Implements a fund development plan to meet quarterly and annual fund development targets.
- Communicates frequently and personally with significant private donors and works with appropriate targets to grow their annual commitment to the organization.
- Works with staff assigned to grow core donors to increase revenues from this group.
- Grows donations from churches, organizations, foundations and corporations through appropriate outreach strategies.
- Works with the Board to identify and secure new fundraising sources from the community.
- Oversees implementation of annual fundraisers that meet or exceed revenue targets from sponsors and donors.
- Speaks to requesting audiences and develops effective outreach opportunities.
- Educates pastors and clergy to elicit their support for the mission via donations, volunteers or other efforts.
- Devises and completes effective advocacy projects and outreach to federal, state, city and county officials as well as other groups with similar missions.
- Works with marketing staff or consultants to create appropriate marketing and branding campaigns. Approves materials used in donor development and promotion.
- Comfortable speaking to audiences in person, on camera and in recorded situations.
- Attends weekend and evening functions as needed to interface with donors and supporters.
- Works with the Board of Directors and staff to develop and finalize an annual budget and operating plan.
- Reviews and directs preparation of reports for the Board of Directors. Attends Board of Directors meetings as a participating Board member. Promptly interfaces with the Board on matters requiring their direction, counsel or approval.
- Works closely with staff to ensure fiscal, operational and growth goals are met.
- Oversees the development and planning of the vision and strategy for the existing organization and future growth in congruence with the planning of the Board.
- Provides leadership and serves as a positive role model.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all subordinates are defined and understood.
- Completes personal supervisory duties timely and effectively, including interviewing, job training, and performance appraisals, counseling and disciplinary processes.
- Supports and consults with management on staffing issues, key hires and organizational performance goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Proven track record in raising money from private and public sources.
- At least 5 years of experience in operations, administration and strategic development.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Uses Microsoft Office Word, Excel as well as Internet and email programs proficiently.