The full-time Director of Youth and Family Ministry shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with the approximate 30 young people and their families that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus
Christ. The Director of Youth and Family Ministry will direct and lead Christian Education, Family and Young Adult Ministry as well as Youth Ministry programming for pre-K through High School youth. He/she will promote fellowship, spiritual development and
outreach involvement for the youth and families of Calvary Lutheran Church. He/she will work alongside the Senior Pastor, church committees and volunteers.
1. Youth Ministry
- Provide leadership relating to youth groups
- Plan and implement monthly gatherings, small group Bible studies, retreats and service projects
- Foster open communication with parents/guardians and youth
- Coordinate fundraising activities
- Actively participate in all areas of youth programming
2. Christian Education Ministry
- Participate and work with Christian Education Committee to develop and maintain a Sunday School program
- Plan and implement special milestone events such as receiving first Bible, First Communion and Confirmation
- Develop and implement post-confirmation program to engage high school students
3. Family Ministry/Young Adult Ministry
- Establish and coordinate programs/activities for families and small groups
- With help of Senior Pastor, provide leadership to lay persons working with related committees
- Foster Christian fellowship
- Work to increase membership at Calvary Lutheran Church
- Participate in community events such as Vacation Bible School, Independence Day Parade and Live Nativity
- Work to spread the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to local and non-local communities
5. General Duties
- Demonstrate a passion for working with youth and families and a willingness to work variable hours based on program needs.
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor for Christian living and service and an active, visible presence within the church as well as in the community.
- Listen and communicate effectively and demonstrate a personable, positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Christian education or youth ministry.
- Proven record of success in student ministry or similar field.
- Candidate with Lutheran church affiliation
If you meet these qualifications and have experience in the responsibilities listed above, please send your resume along with three (3) references and any other pertinent info (ex. teaching samples recorded or otherwise) to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background checks are required for employment.