Job Title: Family Pastor
Team: Leadership Team
Directly Reports To: Executive Pastor
Work Schedule: Full Time
1. Roles and Responsibilities:
The Family Pastor’s primary role is to build a safe environment in which students can be lead to become fully devoted followers of Christ. To equip team members with the vision, tools, authority and direction to accomplish that. To work alongside parents
by equipping them with the resources, teaching and tools to lead their children daily in their discovery of what it means to be a follower of Christ. The Family Pastor is all about the family.
The Family Pastor will be asked to provide vision, oversight and multifaceted covering to each sub-department of WOGKids and WOGStudents by first leading and pastoring the directors of each department. These departments include Seeds, Seedlings, Sprouts
and Roots in the WOGKids Department. Emerge and MVMNT in the WOGStudents Department. They will set goals and monitor results of each sub-department to ensure goals are accomplished and healthy growth continues. Responsibilities will be leadership development,
recruiting, leading and developing teams inside of WOGKids and WOGStudents, connecting families with the purpose of the ministry and overall direction of all of WOGKids and WOGStudents. The Family Pastor will have responsibilities of teaching at most MVMNT
events. They will also be asked to lead/create/mentor student lead teams.
2. Principle Responsibilities
- To oversee WOGKids including:
- Seeds (Ages: 6weeks - 2yrs)
- Seedlings (Ages: 2yrs - 3yrs)
- Sprouts (Grades: 4K - 5K)
- Roots (Grades: 1st - 3rd)
- To oversee WOGStudents including:
- Emerge (Grades: 4th - 6th)
- MVMNT (Grades: 7th - 12th)
- Develop and maintain a leadership pipeline for both WOGKids and WOGStudents.
- Meet weekly with overseeing Executive Pastor.
- Attend Ministry Staff and Leadership Team Staff meetings when scheduled.
- Provide overall direction and leadership to all elements of WOGKids and WOGStudents.
- Identify volunteer leaders and bring them into the ministry, following all TeamWOG protocol required to insure safety and appropriate training and orientation.
- Connecting with families who are new to the church (when available).
- Overseeing all ministry areas of WOGKids and WOGStudents to ensure that all programming is executed well.
- Cast vision to parents regarding the resources that are available for their use as well as the take-home materials that are sent from WOGKids and WOGStudents for equipping parents with tools to lead their kids in biblical conversation and challenges at
- Create a fun, engaging and healthy WOGKids and WOGStudent Ministry.
- Oversight each weekend arriving a minimum of 45 minutes early and leaving 30 minutes after the last service.
- Lead team to make sure overall goals are being met.
- Make connections with Parents and Leaders as seen fit to accomplish overall goals.
- To properly handle broad impacting issues, confrontations, consistent problems, church discipline and/or volatile situations within the WOGKid and WOGStudent areas when needed with the goal of reconciliation, healing and understanding
- Responsible for budget guidance regarding WOGKids and WOGStudents
3. Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership and management skills, to be well organized; able to make quality judgement calls and a team building mentality
- Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled in crisis management
- Able to prioritize time
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Solution oriented
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
- Prompt and prepared for all meetings, services and events
- Professional in appearance and communication
- A can-do approach to new ideas and initiatives
- Essential Traits
- Highly Self-Motivated
- Initiator (visionary and goal setting)
- Quick thinker and reactor
- Detail focused
- Effective people skills
- Effective at time management
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with setting departmental/team budgets
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Maintain composure during stressful situations
- Team and Pastoral Leadership
- Confrontational when needed
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in Mac systems including iOS
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education is required. With preference given to an additional pastoral or other ministry-related degree as well.
- Preferred candidates should have at least 3-5 years related experience.
4. Key Performance Measurements:
- Annual Self Evaluation
- Annual Ministry Appraisal
- Annual Performance Evaluation
*This description is not all-inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 (Based off of experience)
- Vacation: 14 paid days of vacation
- Benefits: In Process
- Personal Development Budget: $500 per year (to help further invest in you as a leader)
- Other: Church Issued IPhone and MacBook (owned by the church but for your work use)