Thanks for taking the time and we appreciate your interest in the position of Discipleship Pastor at Christ Community Church. CCC is a healthy and thriving church in the western region of the US. We're a Gospel focused, outreach oriented church with a vision
for discipling all generations and all nations. We run between 500-600 or so in our weekend services, and typically about 15-20 small groups and Sunday classes.
Purpose: The Discipleship Pastor will oversee the programs and teams that promote spiritual growth and outreach. The Discipleship Pastor will show a clear testimony of personal faith in the Lord Jesus, demonstrate excellence in leading volunteer
teams and equipping people for the work of the ministry.
Timetable: This position will be open until filled. However, our preferred date is hire this individual on or before Jan. of 2019.
Experience: Our preference is for a candidates who have previous discipleship, outreach, and Christian ed. experience as a pastor.
Education: A minimum of a BA in Bible, Theology, Ministry or a related field, and a MA is preferred for this position.
Reports To: The Discipleship Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is responsible ultimately to the Eldership Team. Our team is relationally healthy and values a collaborative work environment.
Oversees and Manages: A wonderful and faithful group of volunteers who lead small groups, Sunday classes, and outreach ministries.
Pay: Full time salaried position. Pay range is dependent on experience and capacity and generally between the 45k-55k range (again, each candidate will be assessed on an individual basis, and that assessment is based on
education, experience, and effectiveness in a previous position).
How to Apply: Submit a resume (word Doc. suggested) and we will respond with an employment questionnaire which will help you prepare for an interview with us.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AS A PASTOR
All staff pastors at CCC have the same core requirements: To
equip believers for ministry. To care for and shepherd God's flock. To
manage ministries well. To maintain a personal life that is
doctrinally sound and morally pure before God. To effectively
teach and train the congregation for life and service in God's church. To be an excellent team player who will minister on a staff of servant-leaders in God's church.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND AREAS OF OVERSIGHT
1. Small Groups Ministry: Facilitate Christian community and belonging at CCC.
- Become familiar with current Bible study and small group leaders.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, design and deploy a small groups ministry at CCC.
- Enlist new group leaders through applications and interviews.
- Equip and train the leaders seasonally.
- Maintain and distribute a seasonal discipleship directory.
- Assess the “small group” health of all ministries at CCC and assist those ministry teams to deepen their relationships.
2. Christian Education: Promote and facilitate Christ-centered instruction for adults.
- Become familiar with current and past Sunday School classes and teachers.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, organize and structure an adult C.E. approach that brings disciples along a continuum of growth.
- Recruit, train, release and assist teachers for adult discipleship classes on Sunday.
- Regularly assess the health and efficacy of adult CE courses.
- Launch a seasonal ministry and discipleship fair in the Grand Hall (lobby) at CCC, promoting and facilitating sign-ups for classes and groups.
3. Outreach: Facilitate outreach to the community through training and events.
- Become familiar with current and past outreach initiatives at CCC.
- Promote the value of outreach through service and evangelism.
- Provide visionary leadership for an outreach team.
- Equip and train believers to share their faith relationally.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor, design and implement seasonal evangelistic events.
- Serve as a resource to the Missions team, promoting inter-departmental cooperation.
4. Men’s and Women’s Ministries: Promote and foster biblical male and female ministry environments.
- Oversee the Women’s Ministry Director.
- Work in conjunction with the men’s ministry providing leadership, training, and vision.