Something epic is happening at First Church of the Open Bible! Jesus Christ is writing a breathtaking narrative of redemption and restoration as He transforms one life at a time. Perhaps God is calling you to join us on this incredible journey of Bible Based,
Gospel Centered, Spirit Empowered and Family Focused ministry.
Children are NOT the church of tomorrow, but rather, they are the church of today! In addition, children possess gifts – natural and supernatural – that need to be released in ministry, both within and without the church’s four walls! Furthermore, the most
effective children’s ministries, partner with parents since the home is the most significant factor in a child’s discipleship. If you hold these same convictions, then you may be the right team member that First Church is seeking for our Children’s Pastor.
- Born again, Bible Based, Gospel Centered, Spirit Empowered and Family Focused.
- A team player who functions as a multiplier and equipper.
- Believe and adhere to Pentecostal beliefs and distinctives (must be Biblically sound). At First Church, our goal is to be known as Pentellectuals – “thinking Pentecostals.”
- Connects comfortably and easily with children and parents.
- Diverse knowledge of the variety of children’s ministry elements helpful (puppets, games, object lessons, curriculum, etc.)
- Possess a degree in early childhood or elementary education and/or children’s ministry or possess children’s ministry experience.
- Utilizes both large group and small group models for children’s’ ministry.
- Passion for the lost; sees beyond the walls of the church
- Practice both “hands on” and “hands over” leadership in ministry.
- Ability to cast vision and create systems.
- Shall submit to a thorough background investigation.
- Be a person of Christ-like and consistent character.
- Be in one accord with the standards of and pursue partnership with First Church.
- Advocate and participate in First Church’s discipleship process and ministry philosophy.
- Be a credentialed minister of Open Bible Churches (or pursue credentials) and shall be answerable to the Central Region.
Children’s Pastor will…
- serve on the Pastoral Team – meeting with this team once a week for prayer, planning, preparation, development, mentoring, and fellowship.
- oversee and organize the First Church’s children’s department. The Children’s Ministry department consists of all ministries related to children ages birth-5thgrade.
- pray, dream, plan and prepare an effective ministry to the children and families of First Church and Des Moines in discipleship, evangelism and outreach.
- recruit, equip and release volunteers in the children’s ministry.
- administer the check-in system for various activities ensuring that our ministries for kids are stable, consistent, safe, well-staffed, positive, creative and fun.
- promote and attend Central Region’s kid’s ministry events.
- network with other children’s pastor’s in Open Bible Churches and in the Des Moines metro.
- Have a growing, vital, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Passion for the Word and the Spirit.
- Loyal team player
- Able to keep confidences (and share information with the Pastoral Team and/or the Elder Board when appropriate)
- Professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance and conscientious work ethic
- Lifelong learner
- Love for children and families and an ability to relate to parents with love and understanding
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Kids’ Ministry is preferred
OTHER SKILLS/PASSIONS DESIRED
- Knowledge of Planning Center
- Knowledge of email networking and communiques (e.g., Mailchimp, constant contact, GoTo Meeting, website, social media, church app)
- Knowledge of Open Bible Churches (structure, history, policies and procedures)
HOW SHOULD I APPLY?
- Submit the following:
- a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- at least 3 references: a past employer, friend and professional colleague
- results of any skill/strength/personality identifiers you have taken such as spiritual gifts tests, StrengthsFinder, DISC, etc. or be willing to take one before hire.