Title: Director of Creative Arts
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Summary and Purpose
The Director of Creative Arts oversees the comprehensive creative environment of Passion Church, especially focusing on the ministry of corporate worship. The Director is responsible for the comprehensive design and execution of the weekend worship experience,
working in close collaboration with the Lead Pastor and/or other Teaching Pastors to accomplish the vision of Passion Church within the context of the weekend worship experience. He, in partnership with the Lead Pastor and Teaching Team, will serve as the
primary “tour guide of the Alps” in that he and this team will continually create environments, and lead others into them, which expound on the wonder and majesty of our amazing God. The Director will oversee the departments of Worship, Tech, Design and Service
Support. The Director will have the vision and capacity to grow a world-class mega-church worship ministry while simultaneously finding his fulfillment and focusing his faithfulness on the members of the flock already entrusted to him by the Lord.
The Director will also provide organization-wide leadership in all aspects of branding, design, video and web projects. The Director will ensure, through the direct ministries of empowered teams, that the heart and mission of Passion Church shine through
every creative piece and process and that, most importantly, the Person and work of Jesus Christ flows from all endeavors.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties
- Architect, Plan & Oversee the Weekend Worship Experience in partnership with the Lead Pastor and/or Teaching Team.
- Develop & oversee people, programs and processes needed to accomplish the mission of Passion Church within the Director’s scope of responsibility.
- Oversee all branding, design, video & web projects either personally or, optimally, through a gifted and empowered team.
- Recruit, train & shepherd all teams to the end that the mission of Passion Church is accomplished in the lives of every team member.
- Provide organizational leadership to all aspects of relevant ministries, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, spiritual formation, administration, etc.
- Partner with leadership team, as appropriate and available to design the method of ministry by which Passion will accomplish its Mission.
- Meet, pray, worship & plan regularly with the Lead Pastor and Teaching Team(as relevant) to architect the weekend content.
- Oversee all creative teams and processes.
- Develop a song-writing culture and ministry, resulting in the production of unique Passion music.
- Create a culture of apprenticeship at all levels which mobilizes passionate followers of Christ into ministry which multiplies both internally and externally to Passion. This will include but not be limited to the development of apprenticeship and residency
programs in collaboration with Executive Pastor.
- With the support of both Passion and denominational leadership, develop and pursue a pathway to pastoral ordination.
Job Skills, Attributes & Qualifications
The Director will have a demonstrated and/or developing capacity in the following character traits and competencies:
- A thriving personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as well as a passion for the local church and alignment with the vision of Passion Church.
- A commitment to a lifestyle of continual growth in both character & competency as a follower of Jesus.
- A servant’s heart and a desire to use his gifts & abilities for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.
- A team-first, teachable mentality that adds to the synergy of the Passion leadership and team.
- A tithing member of Passion Church, as well as a person committed to a lifestyle of financial generosity as he is led.
- A passion and ability for the comprehensive development and deployment of competent, passionate followers of Christ.