Establish and grow relationships with current and potential major and planned giving donors for the purpose of increasing financial support to the Institute. This position is based in Lake County, Illinois.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position,
- Identify prospective major and planned giving donors and determine capacity for making a major gift ($10,000 and above) or planned gift to Moody, under the direction of the Regional Stewardship Manager.
- Develop and execute strategies for cultivating donor relationships and providing opportunities for investment in the kingdom ministries of Moody. Efforts will include personal visits, verbal and written communication with donor and participation in special
- Actively participate in the development of materials used in the presentation of “Case for Support” and other donor proposals.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective and current donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 200-250 prospective and current major and planned giving donors.
- Solicit current major and planned gifts from alumni, parents, and friends of Moody Global Ministries. Make a minimum of 15-25 scheduled visits monthly (to include at least 10 major donors as well as other donors and prospects).
- Maintain record of stewardship activities, donor cultivation efforts, and demographic information; follow established system policies and procedures. Develop proficiency in the use of the constituent relations database in Oracle.
- Attend Stewardship conference, regional team meetings, participate in regular conference calls and other campus events as needed.
- Achieve annual fundraising and activity goals established with Regional Stewardship Manager. Operate within established budgets.
- Meet with Regional Stewardship Manager on a regular basis. Prepare and submit status reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Born-again believer and committed to a local Bible-believing church.
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith and core principles of Moody Bible Institute.
- Strong passion for Moody’s mission and a call to advance God's kingdom through financial stewardship.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Solid relationship-builder; maintains a collaborative spirit with colleagues.
- Computer literate; able to interface effectively with Institute’s systems and processes.
- Able to effectively communicate, with passion, a case for supporting the ministries of Moody Bible Institute.
- High moral integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly energetic professional with a successful track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five- to six-figure range (or ability to do such work).
- At least three years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising, preferably in higher education or ministry (or aptitude and relevant background for such service).
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising and able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Broad knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets, and estate planning desired. Can work effectively with planned giving staff on other forms of giving.
Work from home office. Willing to travel; at least 60% expected, including evenings and weekends.
Moody Global Ministries is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical
foundation. Candidates must align with MGM’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards.
We comply with all applicable laws pertaining to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and any other applicable legally protected category. As a religious institution, we have the right to, and do, require
that employees hold beliefs consistent with our Doctrinal Statement and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our religious beliefs, including as explained in our Community Standards.
Please apply on our website www.moodyglobal.org/careers. Just search