First Baptist Church of Belle Glade
Student and Family Pastor
Bottom Line Job Description:
“The Pastor to Students and Families main role will be
to lead students and their families into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by
creatively teaching God’s Word, providing opportunities for authentic worship, planning and organizing fun; meaningful spiritual retreats and events as well as offering avenues for service which will grow them in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment.”
The Student and Family Pastor at First Baptist Church of Belle Glade is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for students and their families; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who
is able to grow our students and their families in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in the Student Ministry.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement an effective student ministry to Jr. and Sr. High Students and their families.
- Enlist all ministry volunteer leadership.
- Train all the above volunteer leadership in giving our students and families the best possible
Biblical training toward developing Christ-like character
- Develop and oversee all programing for students 7th-12th grades and all opportunities for their
- Sunday morning discipleship
- Sunday night youth service
- Wednesday night accountability
- Create opportunities for students to use their gifts to serve God and His kingdom.
- Plan, coordinate and execute trips that provide opportunities for students to grow closer to God and one another.
- Submit an annual ministry plan and budget for student ministries to be approved by the Lead Pastor
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development events.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at First Baptist Church of Belle Glade.
In addition to the main focus on students grades 7th-12th, FBCBG is seeking an individual who can come into our existing children’s ministry and provide some administrative, organizational and teaching support to continue to grow this
While this will not be the main focus of the candidates job, it will be a high priority in order to expand our church’s reach and scope within the community.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- A creative, high capacity leader that is assertive and organized.
- Able to effectively teach and communicate God’s Word to students as well as adults.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate the gospel.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and ministerial excellence.
- Committed to the community of First Baptist Church of Belle Glade as well as the lake area.
- In agreement with First Baptist Church of Belle Glade’s doctrine, mission, and values (as agreed upon at the time of employment).
- Obtaining a class C CDL with Passenger Endorsement in order to drive the church vehicles.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week) with a benefits package. Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
*If you are interested in this job opportunity, please submit a current photograph, cover letter and resume to email@example.com