Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Area/Location: San Jose, California
Reports to: VP of Marketing and Communication
Date Submitted for Revision: 04.26.18
Job Description Approved: 4.27.18
Classification: Manager / Full Time / Exempt
Salary: Range begins at $55,000, DOE
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for all online communications for Cityteam, including but not limited to social media, content marketing (to include written, video and audio forms), influencer marketing, email marketing, online advertising,
search and website development. The ideal candidate will have a background in content-led communications programs designed to engage audiences as well as in fundraising direct marketing programs. This position will develop, create, and implement programs targeted
to Cityteam’s donors, prospects, volunteers, and influencers with the objectives of extending the organization’s reach, driving further engagement and increasing fundraising efforts.
The Digital Marketing Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Marketing & Communication to develop our online marketing strategy across multiple platforms. This role will manage contractors and volunteers as well as work together with the organization’s
ad agency to develop comprehensive strategies and programs. This position will need to be in constant contact with our program teams to garner client stories and other information to drive content. The Digital Marketing Manager will also work closely with
Development and Finance to manage data segmentation and integrate results into the organization’s primary donor database.
The Digital Marketing Manager must have a passion for Cityteam’s ministry of serving the homeless, poor and hungry, and develop content and strategies that help draw awareness to the causes and solutions that best meet our clients’ needs. The ideal candidate
will have excellent written, visual and oral communications skills and be able to communicate clearly and effectively across multiple digital platforms, with a particular focus on social media engagement.
The Digital Marketing Manager must possess a thirst for knowledge and establish an expert voice for Cityteam. The Digital Marketing Manager will provide best in class digital practices for the organization. This position requires the individual to manage,
strengthen, and maintain a can-do, service-oriented, entrepreneurial environment that stresses employee accountability and teamwork.
This position will have hands-on responsibility for project managing all aspects of digital marketing programs, and must be highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and projects, and use web metrics and reporting tools to update on results and efficacy
of programs. The position will utilize marketing automation software to manage campaigns. The ideal candidate should be familiar with one or more of the following: SalesForce, Campaign Monitor, QGiv, Google Adwords, Google Analytics. It is a preferred, but
not a pre-requisite that the person also be familiar with creative and web publishing tools such as CSS/HTML, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
1. Develop strategies and inspiring content for all social media networks to deliver a consistent and engaging message.
- Develop overarching strategy and content calendar in partnership with VP of marketing and communications.
- Originate written content and work with team members and agency to develop infographics, videos and more.
- Present Cityteam as an expert voice on the issues of homelessness, poverty and hunger.
- Engage influencers and form partnerships to further extend the reach of our message.
2. Develop strategies and manage execution of all digitally-led fundraising campaigns. Employ best practices and testing approaches to optimize effectiveness.
3. Manage development and execution of all digital advertising campaigns: Google Adwords, Facebook Ads.
4. Develop and manage Cityteam’s website to bring fresh content, optimize for search and support fundraising efforts.
5. Monitor results and provide recommendations for optimizing effectiveness in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
6. Interface with development and finance departments to ensure fundraising goals are being achieved, and that backend systems work seamlessly between marketing programs, major donor development, and donation processing.
7. Keep up to date on trends and best practices related to non-profit and digital marketing practices.
8. Provide insights on all our target audience segments related to digital usage and engagement, especially as related to Millennials.
9. Provide expertise in all third-party marketing automation software and digital publishing tools.
10. Manage digital budget in accordance with the approved budget that includes outside contractors, Internet hosting companies, third party Internet software and cloud computing platforms, etc.
11. Complete other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Communication.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree, or professional experience in related field
- 3-year minimum experience in Marketing, Communications, and or Public Relations
- Must have hands-on experience developing & designing digital strategies, including but not limited to social media, content marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing, online advertising, search, and website development
- Must have knowledge of web design fundamentals including design process, information design, visual design, and industry UI standards
- Must have excellent writing skills and experience developing written digital communications such as social media posts, blog entries, emails, and landing pages
- Must have strong general project management experience, handling multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Must be a results-oriented strategic thinker and idea person (not simply an implementer)
- Must understand the fundamentals of fundraising and how to optimize digital experiences to drive conversion
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong consideration given to candidates who also have design, technical code, video, podcast and other content development skills, and who have hands-on knowledge of current design tools and web development/production tools such as (Photoshop, Illustrator,
WordPress, CSS, HTML and XML)
- Experience in non-profit industry
- Familiarity with Cityteam, poverty, and homelessness
- Stand or sit for extended amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, & kneel
- Talk and hear
- Finger and hand dexterity to operate computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- This job typically operates in a professional office environment
- Days and hours of work are typical business hours, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ