**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED. TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, GO TO: https://theseedcompany.org/were-hiring. **
JOB TITLE: AREA DIRECTOR - MAINLAND ASIA
DIVISION: FIELD OPERATIONS
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: VP, FIELD OPERATIONS
LOCATION: ARLINGTON, TX OR REMOTE
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the uniqueness
of its vision makes it most feasible for Seed Company to be involved.
VISION: God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
MISSION: To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships.
VALUES: Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, partnering effectively, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
SCOPE: Provide overall leadership for the work of Seed Company in the countries of Mainland Asia, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Collaborate with Field Coordinators, field partners and potential partners to explore opportunities and to identify and understand remaining language needs and regions where God’s Word is desired but unavailable, within assigned area. Determine the means
to define, advance and implement opportunities for new language projects.
- Build, maintain and nurture partnerships with colleagues, church leaders, mission and ministry entities and other existing and potential partners to collaborate and to promote Bible translation, particularly within assigned areas. Explore common ground
to identify and capitalize on resources and to forge partnerships that ensure the required elements for accelerating Bible translation in the area are in place and fully functional.
- Monitor, manage and direct field operations of Bible translation projects in a defined region through Field Coordinators. Maintain positive and regular communication with field staff and other field partners to monitor progress of translation projects,
provide direction, and resolve challenges as they arise.
- Review financial and narrative reports from the field, received from Field Coordinators and their own projects.
- Communicate with field partners and Field Coordinators to investigate delays in existing projects and anomalies that may signal potential project delays.
- Review proposals for new language projects within designated area to ensure compliance with guidelines. Provide project proposal and budget development guidance and direction to Field Coordinators and field partners. Foster proposals through approval process,
responding to inquiries from Senior Leadership.
- Negotiate details of memoranda of understanding for authorized projects, with partners, ensuring that details of resource provision and management are communicated in keeping with the approved project model and company guidelines and policies.
- Model interfunctional coordination by working with Field Business, Bible Translation, Operations, Partner Integration and Field Advocacy.
- Maintain harmonious staff/partner relations. Develop and implement staffing plans and related budgets.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes and policies.
- Lead and or participate in projects or task force groups which focus on issues having organization wide impact.
- Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise Senior Field Coordinators, Field Coordinators, and Associate Field Coordinators in assigned area – a team of about 6
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional or home office environment except when traveling. When traveling, conditions may be rugged (limited access to internet, mosquito nets, etc).
- Able to carry up to 30 pounds
- Able to go places where there is limited medical assistance
- Able to go to malaria areas
- Able to function in environment with limited environmental controls (AC)
- Able to travel 4+ hours in vehicles on rough terrain
TRAVEL: Able to travel both domestically and/or internationally up to 12 weeks per year
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
- Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values;
- Requires broad knowledge of an advanced specialized discipline, such as Bible Translation, Language Program Development or Cultural Studies. Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Requires five to seven years of experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Must be able to negotiate with partners on potential and current projects;
- Knowledge of language of the area or having a second language is highly preferred.
- Able to hold a passport or visit necessary countries