PURPOSE: To convey the vision, mission, and values of Alderwood Community Church by leading all
aspects of communications and marketing. His or her aim is to inspire ACC to embrace
our vision to live and lead others to live as everyday followers of Jesus.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for managing and directing ACC’s internal and
external communications, creating communication strategies and serving as the key
spokesperson and media contact for the church. He or she handles all church-wide messaging in
the church outside of the Sunday morning sermons and works to build teams to support all facets
of church communications (print, media, web, etc.), marketing, and brand management. This role will be the chief curator of story for ACC, helping across all areas of ministry to gather and creatively tell the story of transformed lives.
EDUCATION: A high level of expertise concerning graphic design, marketing and branding, whether through a degree, self-education, experience or some combination thereof.
- Manage all aspects of ACC related websites
o Content Management – timely, current, and appropriate to ACC
o Efficient and effective functionality
o Artistic and creative excellence
- Develop system to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to ACC
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns assigned
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions
- Create social media presence for ACC including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagrahm, etc.
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs
- Strategize creative tactics to use video to promote ACC’s mission, vision, and values within the church and also externally
- Work closely with the Productions Director to produce creative and effective promotional videos: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
- Monitor the look, vibe, and feel of all promotional materials representing ACC
- Police the use of logos and images that represent ACC
- Create policies and procedures related to the branding of ACC and related entities
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
Demonstrable competency in the following software:
- · Microsoft Office
- · Final Cut Pro
- · Photoshop
- · In-Design
- · Illustrator
- · Powerpoint
- · Keynote