Uncharted is a U.S. based mission movement and organization focused on advancing the Gospel among unreached/unengaged people groups and helping people live out their faith in Jesus in brave ways. Uncharted's history can be traced back 20 years, where it
began as a movement within a local church. As the ministry efforts grew and gained momentum, this movement became an independent organization so it would be better positioned to engage a variety of individuals, churches, and other partners and have an even
bigger impact in the world.
Uncharted's Vision: Helping people do brave things to advance God's kingdom all over the world.
Uncharted Strategic Priorities: We want to be known throughout the U.S. for helping ordinary people discover what it means to live a bold faith in the everyday. We want people to encounter the Holy Spirit as they engage with Uncharted, just as we seek to
rely on and follow the Spirit in all we do. We want to link arms with the local church, helping them maximize their God-given potential for missions. And we want to catalyze the development of locally led, self-sustaining disciple making movements among least
With about 40% of the world's population (3.14 billion) lacking access to the Gospel, and about 90% of foreign mission efforts taking place among people who are already considered reached, Uncharted exists to help fill the gap.
Uncharted is poised for growth, increased impact globally, and national partnership expansion. The position of Engagement Director is a crucial role to help Uncharted move to this place. The three major areas of responsibility include: Donor Development,
Church Partnerships, and Events.
This position also requires a deep commitment to the overall purpose of Uncharted and its’ strategic priorities.
- A commitment to the Principles of Uncharted, Team Culture of the Uncharted Staff, and Uncharted’s Statement of Faith.
- Work experience and/or under-graduate level education in the areas of field pertaining to: donor development, fund-raising, church ministry, global missions, and/or event planning.
- An engaging, inviting, and outgoing personality. As this position is predominantly interfacing with key partners and stakeholders of Uncharted, it requires a high level of comfort and natural ability to meet new people and deepen relationships.
- A higher level of organization and communication. While much of this job is outward facing, an ability to organize the donor communication and relationship internally is of utmost importance. The person in this role should feel comfortable and competent
with organization, communication strategies, and appropriate deadlines.
- Experience in either local church, non-profit or global mission field.
- Has held a position in the areas of donor development, new funding acquisition, or church partner relations.
Work closely with the Executive Director leading and implementing appropriate programs, initiatives, and systems in the following areas:
- Build relationships with current donors, helping them experience better communication, feedback and appreciation.
- Identify 3-5 year financial goals, developing a strategic donor development plan to help Uncharted achieve it.
- Work with Executive Director on meeting with donors, developing relationships, and securing on-going and new donors.
- Participate on strategic community groups, i.e. Rotary, other Boards, networks, etc.
- Meet regularly with key “people of peace” in the community over coffees or lunch, sharing the vision of Uncharted, finding ways to partner or mutually bless each other.
- Participate in learning conferences, video-conferences, etc. that help refine and enhance the strategic donor development plan of Uncharted.
- Attend strategic events that help further the awareness and purpose of Uncharted. This may include (but not limited to): college fair, mission gatherings, conferences, etc.
- Act as a liaison / spokesperson for churches, colleges, and organizations either onsite (Uncharted) or as a guest speaker at an event.
- Implement and sustain the Gift Acknowledgement Matrix either directly or with a team of volunteers.
- Cue Executive Director on what is necessary for relational connections for high capacity donors.
- Develop campaigns and other funding mechanisms to help raise the funds necessary for the ministries and operations of Uncharted.
- Identify better means of communication and connection with current church partners.
- Consistently touch base with church partners, learning new ways to support and equip them in global mission.
- Help acquire new church partners around North America and beyond.
- Visit current church partner staff.
- Coach current partners on how they can keep developing and deepening their support and engagement with Uncharted.
- Create opportunities for the family of Uncharted to gather for the purpose of prayer, worship, vision-casting, and/or celebration.
- Lead a team of volunteers who can implement the events in a financially responsible manner, yet impactful and effective towards the goal each event is trying to accomplish.
- Implement appropriate gatherings for key donors as opportunities for them to hear vision, interact with the Executive Director, and participate in financial support.
- Help shape events that happen related to Uncharted at partner churches nationally.
To apply, please a send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.