Looking for an opportunity to impact and change the future? Then King’s Elementary is for you! Engaged students, supportive and active parents, caring and innovative faculty, impact our community of learners that can change the world! Come join us
and be a part of this amazing adventure.
The Elementary Vocal Music Teacher is responsible for the vocal music instruction program at the elementary school. Report directly to the elementary principals in the coordination of concerts, facilities and curriculum. Adhere and fulfill expectations
and requirements of the Elementary School Teacher’s job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Maintain professional standards. Coordinate and teach vocal music classes curriculum and programs for elementary, teaches Knight Sounds and work with the principals and faculty members. Build relationships and connections with students, parents and faculty/staff.
Lead, coordinate, set up and schedule KIDS Praise, worship teams and equipment. Attend school from 7:45am to 3:15 pm on Monday and Wednesday; 7:30 am to 3:15pm on Tuesday and Thursday; and 7:45am to 3:00pm on Friday. Inform the office if leaving campus during
the school day.
2. Organize and conduct two music programs per year at the primary and intermediate levels. Set up and take down needed equipment for programs, schedule practices, arrange for costumes, prepare programs for printing and inform parents and faculty of students
involved. Coordinate volunteers as needed.
3. Assist in supervise activities where a cooperative teacher effort is needed. Advise and participate in extracurricular activities, committees and programs.
4. Inform the administrative assistants or principals immediately if unable to fulfill any duty assigned. In case of absence, notify principals as early as possible; prepare information and materials for the substitute teacher
5. Monitor approved budget for music program 6. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers. 7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Students and Parent Volunteers
Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual
growth and development. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education
on a year-for-year basis.
Licensure/Certification: CPR/FIRST AID/AED Training
Software and Equipment Used: Office 365
Education: M.A. Degree
Licensure/Certification: CPR/FIRST AID/AED training. Washington state teaching certificate.
Software and Equipment Used: One Note, RenWeb, NWEA MAP Growth Assessment, Rubicon Atlas Curriculum Mapping
To be considered for this position please submit an applicatio via our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ofef7fwz&s=Christian_Jobs