primary purpose of position
To assist in the leadership and shepherding of High School and Middle School Ministries at BRANCHES by helping to create a culture of spiritual growth and discipleship among volunteer leaders and youth.
- Aid in the creation, casting, and maintaining of vision for the BRANCHES Youth Ministry.
- Shepherd and care for students through ongoing pastoral relationships, but more importantly by developing volunteer leaders to be disciple-makers.
- Responsible for recruiting, shepherding, and empowering Middle School Ministry Volunteers Leaders, collaborating on a Youth Ministry-Wide training with the Youth Pastor.
- Assist in the development and leading of monthly events, annual camps and missions trips (global and local) alongside the Youth Pastor.
- Connect and partner with parachurch organizations throughout the city (such as FCA, Common Ground, etc…).
- Participate in the leadership of the Middle School Boys Life Group and oversee the volunteer leadership for the Middle School Girls Life Group.
- Care for and minister to all Middle School students in need of pastoral support, including the parents and communicating with them as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry to develop and implement a transition plan for students moving into the Youth Ministry from the Children’s Ministry.
- Facilitate the weekend Youth Ministry Services in collaboration with the Youth Pastor, aiding with setup and teardown.
- Develop the teaching series and curriculum for Life Groups alongside the Youth Pastor, regularly teaching and preaching at the combined weekend Youth Service.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings.
- Adherence to all leadership and employee guidelines as outlined in the employee Handbook.
- BRANCHES endeavors to conduct developmental reviews on an annual basis.
supervisor: Youth Pastor
hours/schedule: 20 hrs
compensation classification: Ministry Associate 1
revision date: April 2018