Church Description: WPW is a non denominational, multi-cultural church with a focus on family and community. We exist to reach people with the simple life-giving message of Jesus that they might realize all that God has planned for them.
Our weekend services are casual and are designed to reach the un-churched and un-saved and our small groups are geared towards encouraging and building great relationships with one another. We are located in Wilson, NC, right in the middle of everything; 45
minutes from the bustling traingle of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill and the college town of Greenville, NC, home of ECU.
Position Directive: To pastor, lead, and direct the youth ministry of WPW, grades 6th-12th.
Position Description: The Youth Pastor will be responsible for leading the youth ministry and conducting weekly youth services, small groups and events (conference, youth trips, etc.). Musical ability and experience leading youth or adult
worship is a plus.
- Experience either as a full or part-time Youth Pastor or youth leader.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and ministry philosophy of WPW.
- Demonstrated excellence as a leader and ability to minister and influence this generation of youth.
- Ability to communicate to both a small and large audience.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading young people.
- Experience organizing ideas, doctrine, and scripture into a message gvien to young people each week.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental worship is a plus.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection is a plus.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience using social media platforms for the glory of God and edification of this generation is a must!
- Plan and conduct weekly and/or monthly youth services complete with live worship and preaching.
- Build the necessary teams and leaders to carry out the youth department of Wilson Praise and Worship.
- Provide pastoral care for the youth of WPW.
- Oversee the youth department budget, organization, and volunteer schedules of leaders and workers.
- Lead and develop small groups and small group leaders within the youth ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
*All applicants should submit a video or audio link or file of a recent sermon or message given to young people in church. Including a video demonstrating your ability to lead worship is a plus.