To raise up, train and send out youth and adults as disciples of Jesus Christ. Serve as a spiritual leader, role model and equipper of youth and adults for youth and family ministry.
Type of Church
First Lutheran Church is a vibrant growing discipling church known for being Christ Centered, Mission Driven, and Traditionally Grounded. In recent years, First Lutheran has experienced an influx of young families with children.
- Encourage and support families as they raise their children in the faith
- Raise up disciples of Jesus Christ
- Build relationships with youth and families in the congregation and its ministries
- Encourage and equip adults in the congregation to provide leadership and mentoring for youth and their families
- Work with others in facilitating occasional special events for youth
- Encourage and facilitate young people participating in all facets of the life of the community of faith
- Participate in overall congregational life and leadership
- 1/3 of time with children and family ministry up to 6th grade, 2/3 of time with youth and family ministry, grades 7-12
As a result of this ministry …
- Children, youth and parents grow as disciples of Jesus
- Children, youth and parents learn how to make disciples
- Children are valued as a vitally important part of the body of Christ, not a future commodity
- Congregation equips adults to nurture faith in children
- Faith formation becomes the responsibility and delight of families, including parents, grandparents, extended family, godparents, and all those included in the circle called family
- Parents and caregivers are supported by peer groups, congregational staff, and resource people, when needed
- Parents and caregivers are empowered with parenting skills and strengthened through spiritual growth opportunities
- Families are given opportunities to worship, learn, have fellowship, and serve in the midst of cross-generational gatherings
- Families know God’s grace and love, and live with hope as God’s children
- Committed to being a disciple of Jesus Christ and making disciples
- Speak and lead from an authentic, growing faith in Jesus Christ
- An ability to identify and foster leadership in adults and youth
- Ability to recruit, train, support, evaluate, and affirm others to teach children and families
- Skills in ministry oversight, planning and implementation
- An attitude of flexibility and adaptability
- Professional work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player
- An ability to embrace the teachings of the North American Lutheran Church
- Youth and Family Ministry, Education or significant experience in Youth Ministry
- Computer operational skills
- Social Media
This position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The position is a full time, salaried position. While the salary is based upon a projected 40 hours/week, the actual number of hours required during
any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year.
- Compensation based upon experience
- Continuing education provided and expected
- Paid holidays, sick days, vacation days
The Senior Pastor shall be responsible for day-to-day supervision.
Application available online; www.DoJoy.org.