Job Title: Preschool Assistant
Hours: 30 hours per week: Monday through Friday, 11:30 am – 5:30 pm
Start Date: Immediately
- Previous qualifying teaching experience with children in a Certified Child Care Center, OR training in the field of early childhood development and education, OR a satisfactory combination of experience and training
- First Aid, CPR, and Food Handlers certification (can be obtained after the hire date)
- Clearance on a Central Background Registry (to be obtained as part of the hiring process)
- Physical capability to keep up with students and the ever-changing needs of an early childhood environment.
- A statement of faith in line with that of Trinity Fellowship Church (www.tfpdx.com)
The Preschool Assistant works with students 2 ½ - 5 years old during the morning and afternoon preschool program, with the possibility of assisting in an Infant and Toddler classroom as needed. This person will substitute for teachers to give them breaks/lunches.
The Preschool Assistant must be capable of managing a class of students independently. This person works among a team of qualified staff and is expected to work as a capable member of that team. There would be potential to add hours to this staff member’s
work week depending on the needs of the school and the availability of the staff member.
Sunshine School (www.sunshineschoolpdx.com) offers year-round programs that nurture each student’s academic, emotional, spiritual, physical, and social development. As a faith-based nonprofit and a ministry of Trinity Fellowship Church (www.tfpdx.com), Sunshine
School is committed to serving our community with integrity, excellence, and compassion. We are seeking staff members that want to be a part of that mission.