Outreach Center Director
Principle Function: The Outreach Center Director is responsible for all aspects of the Outreach Center and to assist the church in promoting church growth.
Qualifications for the Position: The Outreach Center Director must be a Christian with demonstrated skills in a church and with a Southern Baptist background. Some college experience or a college degree is preferred. Also they must have
exceptional public relation skills; experience in leading a variety of types of activities and outreach programs; capable of supervising and training large number of volunteers; computer skills are required.
Requirements of the Position:
- Direct the development and implementation of Outreach Center programs that attract both church members, local residents and guests.
- Develop, maintain, and provide a monthly schedule of activities and special events for the Outreach Center.
- Solicit volunteer workers and train them to supervise the activities in the Outreach Center; including but not limited to, checking-in participants, issuing equipment, assisting with program “set up”, answering the telephone, providing tours, answering
questions, and ensuring the appropriate environment is maintained in the Outreach Center.
- Maintain a schedule of volunteers supervising the Outreach Center activities.
- Management of routine programs. Maintain participation lists and daily check-in lists.
- Management of special programs which might include presentations, Bible studies, and socials.
- Work with the custodial staff to ensure the Outreach Center (including the kitchen) is maintained in a very good state of housekeeping.
- Working knowledge of the sound systems, lighting systems, CD and DVD players, public address system in the gym area and large Classroom.
- Develop, maintain and comply with a yearly/monthly budget for the Outreach Center.
Responsible To: Church Administrator / Associate Pastor