Family Radio (a.k.a. Family Stations, Inc.) is a nonprofit, Christian ministry that is centered around our mission:
“Everything we do at Family Radio is to enable people to discover, read, trust, and profess the Word of God, the Bible.”
We are seeking a full-time executive assistant to provide high-level administrative support to our Director of Compliance and Public Affairs (Issues) Programming. The position will act as an administrative point of contact between said director and all internal
and external contacts. This will include standard administrative tasks such as receiving phone calls, taking messages, and routing correspondence in addition to specific projects such as coordinating and maintaining records, creating and modifying professional
documents, and other clerical duties.
As part of the Public Affairs team, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with ministries and organizations across the country. Your attention to detail and communication skills will allow us to better inform our listeners how they can be active
in their communities while glorifying God in the process. If you have an eye for detail, a mind for research, and a heart for local communities, then we want to hear from you!
- Communicate daily with director regarding upcoming deadlines related to broadcast notifications and authorizations, applications, license renewals, royalty reporting, intellectual property, and information sharing with syndicated partners
- Create reports, memos, letters, data spreadsheets, and other documents
- Answer phone calls, direct calls to appropriate parties, take messages, arrange conference calls, and schedule meetings
- Record, create, and distribute minutes for all meetings
- Greet visitors and manage their contact with staff members
- Read, analyze, and manage all memos, submissions, and reports related to compliance and issues programming
- Conduct research and prepare statistical reports regarding broadcast and online mediums.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports for broadcast compliance and other company matters, using approved and shared naming conventions
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements for the director and staff
- Five years of administrative or equivalent experience
- High school diploma (associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & OneNote)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Efficient and diligent self-starter
- Effective time, prioritization, & calendar management skills
- Adept collaboration skills
- Flexible with exceptional stress management/composure skills
Please note: This job position is located in Shenandoah, Iowa.
Family Stations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a non-denominational corporation.