Important APPLICTION Notes:
- Do NOT apply if you don't have a PASSION for Jesus and Students. (We are looking for someone who has a clear calling to work wtih students here in Phoenix).
- Do NOT apply if you live outside of ARIZONA. (We are looking to hire local).
- Do NOT apply if you have ZERO student ministry experince. (We are looking for people who have been on a church team/staff, or who have at least volunteered with a student ministry).
- Do NOT apply if you are not willing to call Lincoln Heights your CHURCH HOME...(for you & your family if you have one).
- Do NOT apply if you are un-able to PREACH. (You will be required to send us the audio and/or visual of
TWO sermons you have preached).
- Do NOT apply if you have no expereince in RECRUITING others to help in ministry. (We are looking for someone who works hard, and who works hard to recruit others to help).
- Do NOT apply if you cannot START serving in this role between MAY-JULY of this year/2018. (Our God-Willing-Plan is to keep this JOB-POSTING up for only 1 month/April, then use the following
month of May to interview candidates, and then possibly hire the candidate to start sometime between JUNE 1st & JULY 1st, or possibly earlier).
Student Ministries Director/Pastor: (6th-12th Grade)
Lincoln Heights Christian Church
Provide executive vision, leadership, and direction to all ministries pertaining to our student ministries—(6th through 12th grade)—helping to create an environment where our students can be led to Jesus, loved into community, and launched
Pastor our students and their families, and Coach our volunteers to lead.
Align each of the responsibilities noted below with our existing & future vision, strategic ministry plan, goals, and requirements.
This person must love Jesus, and love students. This person must be a “people-person”, who is creative, fun, and knows how to develop at team of volunteers and work with them towards a common goal. This person must be a “recruiter”, a “self-starter”, have
the ability to preach, and have a servants-heart.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- our students to Jesus & to one another.
- our families with students to Jesus & to one another.
- our local schools to Jesus. (Identify 1 local middle & 1 local high school to “connect” with.)
- to the Lead Pastor in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- to our families with students in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- to our student ministry volunteers, in regards to ministry updates & calendar events.
- by leading & developing a paid student ministries coordinator. (If budget allows us to hire one).
- by identifying, recruiting, training and releasing student ministry volunteers to LEAD students to Jesus, LOVE students into Community, and LANUCH students into Ministry.
- by encouraging families with students to raise their students to love Jesus. We want to “come along side” our families & help them in this endeavor…not take over for them.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Type of Position: A Part-time “At-Will” Employee.
Hours Required for Position: 24-30 hours/wk.
Starting Salary: $24,000 yearly salary, paid bi-monthly.
Benefits: No. (Except for the possiblity of Dental).
Housing Allowance: Yes-(with approval of being Commissioned or Ordained).
Paid Sick Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
3 days per year, no carry over, and there is no value for any unused sick days)
Paid Personal Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
4 days per year, no carry over, and there is no value for any unused personal days)
Paid Vacation Days: Yes-(after a 90 day introductory period,
5 days per year, no carry over, and there is no value for any unused vacation days)
Days Off: Two days-(when the office is closed). There will be times, because of special events, when we work on Fridays & Saturdays, but COMP time is usually given to the team when this happens.
Evaluation: Subject to a review every once a year, and any pay increases and/or budget increases will based up your review.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please...
- Remember that this job posting will expire at approxiamtely or on May 4th, 2018
- EMAIL me your RESUME with PHOTO at
- Be sure to inlcude your TWO SERMON samples as well.
- We will email you back ASAP to let you know that we received your (1) resume, (2) photo, and (3) two sermons...
- But be prepared to wait for anytime within A 2-WEEK PEERIOD to hear back from us in regards to "next steps" or if we have decided to go in a different direction.
- It's a high value for us to let you know ASAP so that you are NOT WAITING FOREVER to hear back from someone.
- Also, we want you to know that we are PRAYING FOR YOU...for you to find the "right fit" church, and for Lincoln Heights to find the "right fit" Student Director/Pastor. (REMINDER: make sure you processed the
"Important APPLICATION Notes" at the top of this description).