To serve the church staff by providing appropriate and accurate employment, benefit and payroll information.
- Manage all payroll functions through ADP
- Update all employee salaries and deductions when applicable
- Input all employee data into BenefitSolver, Realm, and ADP
- Create Payroll Journals and contribution reports and input into appropriate software/websites.
Complete New Hire Orientation, Process Employment Paperwork
- Coordinate all employment paperwork
- Ensure all computers, phones, and mailbox setup through appropriate departments.
Complete all termination processes
- Input all termination dates in Realm, ADP, Benefit Plan, and 401K Plan
- Coordinate training in Sexual Harassment Prevention, Mandatory Reporter, CPR/AED in cooperation with ministry leaders.
- Coordinate all job postings with online websites
- Process resumes and applicant correspondence
- Coordinate assessment tests with applicants
- Schedule interviews
Coordinate all insurance benefit paperwork
- Ensure all eligible new hires receive appropriate insurance information
- Coordinate Open Enrollment employee paperwork annually
- Reconcile Monthly Bills
- Process termination paperwork, including Cobra
Some of the secondary duties include:
- Fulfill Administrative Functions for Team Lead of Business Administrative and Human Resources Director as needed.
- Complete Employment Verifications
- Participate in Rooted once per year, and other all-church Group Life series as requested
- Attend and participate in all staff Friends Church events, programs, and training.
- Cooperate with Supervision by performing appropriate related duties when assigned or instructed
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education, and Licensure: Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products, ADP payroll software, and on ten-key. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential,
flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills. Ability to lead and support with a servant’s heart. Attention to detail.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of this job description at any time.