Position Title: Director of High School Leadership Program, www.youthcorps.net
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Director is responsible for the oversight of the organization including the administration and strategic planning of the organization, planning and implementing of leadership program modules for 9th & 10 grade students, and working
with Module Teams and community leaders. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in working with youth and adults.
- Experience in running and leading an entire organization or non-profit.
- Outstanding motivational, team building, writing, and speaking skills are expected.
- The Director will be required to have the ability to articulately deal with individuals and groups in both program, business, and social settings.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff and volunteers.
- Basic financial skills.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Computer and desktop publishing skills are desirable.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all activities in Youth Corps (including the actual program activities and the behind-the-scene responsibilities).
- Enjoys working with youth and adults.
- Turn good students into great leaders.
- Can lead by example.
- Planning, development and implementation of the nine Youth Corps modules.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Youth Corps can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Enhances Youth Corps’ presence by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Develops, organizes, and executes approved fund raising programs including individual and corporate gifts, special events, planned giving, foundation grants, etc.
- Oversee operation of the Selection Team in recruiting and choosing class participants.
- Fiscal management that operates within the approved budget.
Key Personal Characteristics
- Believe in and embrace the vision, mission and philosophy of Youth Corps (www.youthcorps.net).
- A person of integrity and impeccable ethics who has the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- A person who can connect, engage, and interact with youth and adults.
- The ability to build momentum within groups of people (students, Module Teams, Board, supporters, etc.)
- A self-motivating person who anticipates problems, pays attention to details, and follows through to ensure that a job is well done.
- An inspirational person with a sense of mission.
- A person of demonstrated leadership skills.
- A proven team builder and motivator.
- A good listener with an open mind and a willingness to innovate.
- A person who can communicate and share the Youth Corps vision.
- A confident person possessing a good sense of humor.
- A person who possesses basic financial skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a fast-paced, ever-changing position which must meet the demands of students, programing, supporters, general public and the Board of Directors.
The scope of this position stretches beyond Youth Corps and its office and into the community, corporate world, Youth Corps team members, organizations, and people served by Youth Corps.
As required to meet responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year (negotiable, based on experience and skills)