Position Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator champions Human Resources and organizational processes while interacting with current and potential staff. This part-time (24 hrs/wk) position requires a wide range of relational, leadership,
and administrative duties.
This position is connected to the faith and ministry of the church and moves forward the vision of Central Christian Church.
Active Human Resources team member
- Represent Human Resources well in interactions with Central staff, leaders, servant ministers, applicants, congregants and business partners
- Drive hiring processes while partnering with hiring managers
- Be proactive with HR goals, programs, and opportunities
- Actively participate in new staff orientations, team, and staff meetings
- Recruit, train, and develop servant ministers for HR department functions
- Coordinate steps of hiring process for all open positions while maintaining process integrity
- Process job applications
- Conduct prescreen interviews and reference checks
- Ensure completion of staff onboarding steps and orientation preparation
- Initiate building relationships with staff
- Coordinate staff recognition and enrichment
- Maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion in all areas
- Work with staff to maintain and ensure accuracy of job profiles
- Assist with trainings
- Maintain a sense of humor and fun
- Support HR Manager and team members proactively
- Maintain and update job information for all positions
- Perform department accounting processes
- Inventory and order department supplies
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent people skills including written and verbal communication
- High integrity including ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Administrative and organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Leadership skills with mentoring and training abilities
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word; Adobe Pro, Visio a plus
- Ability to multi task, adapt to changing responsibilities, and solve problems
- Ability to work independently within scope of assignment as well as cooperatively as a member of a team
- High level of professionalism
- Spiritually mature
Relates openly and comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture and geography. Build rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Acts with diplomacy and tact.
Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organization dynamics.
Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Shows consistency between words and actions.
Effectively builds and maintains formal and informal relationships across a variety of functions and locations; draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how.
Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Takes new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk sit; use hands to finger handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear;. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to
twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Central Christian Church Arizona is a dynamic, thriving (10,000+), multi-site chruch certified by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
TO APPLY: Please complete our application at www.CentralAZ.com/jobs.